• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New to NSX but not Acura

just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. just finalized a deal to buy a 95 NSX-T from a prime member. a little about me im stationed in Jacksonville, FL (U.S. Navy). i recently got back from Afghanistan. ive been corresponding back and forth the entire time i was there to get this car. so i cant believe im actually going to own one. its currently in Cali and in the process of being shipped here. i own a 2001 Acura CL Type-S that i felt i had reached the end of road with. now im parting it out and it will be my daily. i hope to learn as much as i can on here and contribute as much as i can.

my CL just got featured on juststance.com if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. just finalized a deal to buy a 95 NSX-T from a forum member. a little about me im stationed in Jacksonvile, FL (U.S. Navy). i recently got back from Afghanistan. ive been corresponding back and forth the entire time i was there to get this car. so i cant believe im actually going to own one. its currently in Cali and in the process of being shipped here. i own a 2001 Acura CL Type-S that i felt i had reached the end of road with. now im parting it out and it will be my daily. i hope to learn as much as i can on here and contribute as much as i can.

my CL just got featured on juststance.com if anyone is interested also my build thread for it.
Nice CL, is the Nsx going to get stanced?? :biggrin:

Thanks for your service!

what are you getting out of that SC? numbers?

stock 2001 typeS has 263hp
and the best SC out there can only give it an extra 40-60hp

but since the NSX is rear wheel drive and not front wheel drive like the TL its a whole new ball game driving it and price wise.
an SC for the NSX is like 10K
the SC for the TL is like 4K

have fun, live the dream bro

Love everything about the CL except the "stance". LOL... welcome. you drive an NSX before?

Welcome to NSX world, and congrats on the purchase. Can understand the excitement of getting the car - it is simply super. Every time I start her up its seems like a new adventure :wink: Keep us posted with pics, and as others have said, Thank you for you service !! Cheers, Jay

Nice CL, is the Nsx going to get stanced?? :biggrin:

Thanks for your service!

thanks and yes i plan on stancing it lol.

what are you getting out of that SC? numbers?

stock 2001 typeS has 263hp
and the best SC out there can only give it an extra 40-60hp

but since the NSX is rear wheel drive and not front wheel drive like the TL its a whole new ball game driving it and price wise.
an SC for the NSX is like 10K
the SC for the TL is like 4K

have fun, live the dream bro

i was actually in the middle of trying to get it tuned when i decided to part it out. but with all my performance mods based on others having the same setup it would have been in the 300-310 whp range

Love everything about the CL except the "stance". LOL... welcome. you drive an NSX before?

thanks. yea i know the stance scene is a love or hate thing. no ive never driven one.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, ex navy here in St Augustine, just purchased my 96 last November. Have fun with your new wheels.

Welcome to NSX world, and congrats on the purchase. Can understand the excitement of getting the car - it is simply super. Every time I start her up its seems like a new adventure :wink: Keep us posted with pics, and as others have said, Thank you for you service !! Cheers, Jay

yea im really excited for it to get here.

Oh then you are in for a really nice surprise. It's nothing like your CL.

im looking forward to it.

Welcome to the family! :smile:

thanks.

Pics pics and congrats

will post as soon as i can.

Welcome aboard, ex navy here in St Augustine, just purchased my 96 last November. Have fun with your new wheels.

trust me i plan on it.

Congrats on the purchase! Neat photos of the CL, there is clearly a lot of time and dedication that you put in to it. I am sure you will have a similar journey with the NSX, so be sure to share the photos with us.

Thanks for your service and welcome back home.

Congrats on the purchase! Neat photos of the CL, there is clearly a lot of time and dedication that you put in to it. I am sure you will have a similar journey with the NSX, so be sure to share the photos with us.

Thanks for your service and welcome back home.

yea there was a lot time and dedication and i look forward to doing the same with this car.

user15293_pic2703_1293768889-1.jpg

user15293_pic2702_1293768889-1.jpg

user15293_pic2699_1293768784-1.jpg

user15293_pic2697_1293768716-1.jpg

user15293_pic2704_1293768889-1.jpg

Diddy, welcome to NSX ownership! And thank you for you service to our country. I have had an '03 Imola Orange for about a year now (22k mi.) and appreciate it more as time goes by. Other than the recommended servicing, there have been no issues. Don't be afraid to drive it as a sports car should be driven. NSX Prime has been a great resource, and reflects the justified passion drivers have for this car.

Congratulations Diddy.
Thank you for your service.

Nothing more exciting to see your NSX being unloaded and into your possession:smile:

Now you got to take updated pictures-no borrowing pictures from the seller:biggrin:

Hey Diddy

Put gas in it and drive up to Atlanta. We do many events up here.

Also we have an event in Carrabelle Florida (40 miles south of Tallahassee) You are welcome to join (March 24)

Congrats and welcome.

Congratulations and welcome to the family! I think I know who's NSX you now own and it has been kept in very good condition.

Let us know how your first experience is driving your new toy. I'm sure you're going to be blown away.

Also...Thank you for your service!

Diddy, welcome to NSX ownership! And thank you for you service to our country. I have had an '03 Imola Orange for about a year now (22k mi.) and appreciate it more as time goes by. Other than the recommended servicing, there have been no issues. Don't be afraid to drive it as a sports car should be driven. NSX Prime has been a great resource, and reflects the justified passion drivers have for this car.

oh it will be driven lol.

Congratulations Diddy.
Thank you for your service.

Nothing more exciting to see your NSX being unloaded and into your possession:smile:

Now you got to take updated pictures-no borrowing pictures from the seller:biggrin:

trust me as soon as it gets here i will take pics.

Hey Diddy

Put gas in it and drive up to Atlanta. We do many events up here.

Also we have an event in Carrabelle Florida (40 miles south of Tallahassee) You are welcome to join (March 24)

Congrats and welcome.

its funny you say that. im from the Atlanta metro area. i grew up in Clayton County. so i frequently go up there to visit family and friends. ill definitely make my way up there for meets.

Congratulations and welcome to the family! I think I know who's NSX you now own and it has been kept in very good condition.

Let us know how your first experience is driving your new toy. I'm sure you're going to be blown away.

Also...Thank you for your service!

i cant wait for the first time behind the wheel. all my friends and co-workers have been bugging out ever since they found out i bought one. they keep asking me when its going to get here. yea its really clean. thats why i wanted his so bad.

Back