• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Tubi Group Buy.

Hi,

Might be interested. I'm looking for a exhaust which has a high pitch sound (as close as possible to F1 and/or Indy cars).

Anyone out there with a sound clip of the Tubi exhaust?

Thanks.

CL65 Captain can you confirm the price shipped to everyones door and asked about the fitment issues that was experienced in the last GroupBuy? From what I read there appears to be an issue with the later NSX's, possibly for the years 1997 to 2001. Since the Tubi is quad tips, I know they will not fit the 02's or with early model NSX's with the 02 rear valence. If, I have the wrong info, please correct me... Thanks... Mike

Lets keep this going and at the top of the Vendors / Dealers / Product Reviews / Group Buys section.

I think we should add the year of your/our NSX for the owners that are in the GroupBuy.

1. CL65 Captain
2. MikeC_587 - 1993
3. nsx2tall

I have a 1997 and was in on the last group buy. Mine fits perfectly and sounds great. Other then how long it took it's the bomb! Hope it works out for everyone. Gil

Da Hapa said:
Sorry, but price? Any potential fitment issues like the last batch or have they got that ironed out?

Lou told me that the price would have to come from Naples Motorsport, since they do not sell directly to the public.

coolnsx stated in his post that he had no problems with fitment for his 1997 NSX.

Now we just need to wait for CL65 Captain on price shipped to our doors.

Mike

There are many SC NSX's in SoCal with Tubi exhust, no issue. :biggrin:

MikeC_587 said:
Lou told me that the price would have to come from Naples Motorsport, since they do not sell directly to the public.

coolnsx stated in his post that he had no problems with fitment for his 1997 NSX.

Now we just need to wait for CL65 Captain on price shipped to our doors.

Mike

Hi Mike -

I know and I'm glad that Gil didn't have any fitment issues but there was at least one (and if memory serves me correct two) other NA2 cars that did have fitmen problems including one poor gent. that tried two separate exhausts before giving up. I'm envious as hell of my neighbor MCM who has one of the beautiful first gen Tubi's on his gorgeous red 1994 and I'd love that sound on my 1998 but before I decide to pony up that kind of coin and dump my perfect first Gen Anytime exhaust, I want some pretty good level of confidence from our friends in Italy that this will work on my 1998 w/o any hiccups.

Da Hapa said:
Hi Mike -

I know and I'm glad that Gil didn't have any fitment issues but there was at least one (and if memory serves me correct two) other NA2 cars that did have fitmen problems including one poor gent. that tried two separate exhausts before giving up. I'm envious as hell of my neighbor MCM who has one of the beautiful first gen Tubi's on his gorgeous red 1994 and I'd love that sound on my 1998 but before I decide to pony up that kind of coin and dump my perfect first Gen Anytime exhaust, I want some pretty good level of confidence from our friends in Italy that this will work on my 1998 w/o any hiccups.

Hi Christian,

I appreciate your position wanting confirmation that the Tubi will install without any issues for all years (1991-2005) the NSX was in production.

Therefore, we will ask CL65 Captain to call his contact at Naples Motorsports to ask the following questions:

1) What is the final price of the Tubi shipped to everyones door?
2) Confirm that the Tubi will have no fitment issues for all years (1991-2005) the NSX was in production.

Thanks,

Mike

MikeC_587 said:
...wanting confirmation that the Tubi will install without any issues for all years (1991-2005) the NSX was in production

Only 91-01 as far as I know.

CL65 Captain said:
I emailed Tony @ Naples and waiting for a response... will post as soon as I get it.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting this Group Buy started and for following up with Tony at Naples Motorsports. Hopefully, the Group Buy price will attract more NSX owners and compell them to join the Group Buy.

Thanks,

Mike

anticipating...

* Also awaiting final price as per "Group-Buy", fabrication details (unofficial Ver1? unofficial Ver2/'05? new Ver3/'06?), and time-frame...

I'm very interested, though for fair price considering it's a Group-Buy (yes, I know it's a Tubi!)

('91 NSX 5spd.)

Update from Tony....

He is stil negotiating with Tubi USA.... will email final details when available but said it was going to run just north of $1800.

" I did see on some previous threads on the NSX site that some people are probably going to want to spend no more than $1,800 for them. I can say that they will be a little more than that and a lot of if is because of this 6% currency exchange that I am being charged."

Will let everyone know when I get final details.

Jim

alrighty...

CL65 Captain said:
Update from Tony....

He is stil negotiating with Tubi USA.... will email final details when available but said it was going to run just north of $1800.

" I did see on some previous threads on the NSX site that some people are probably going to want to spend no more than $1,800 for them. I can say that they will be a little more than that and a lot of if is because of this 6% currency exchange that I am being charged."

Jim

CL65 Captain/Jim, thanks for the insights! :cool:

6% currency exchange from dollar to lira or Euro, hmmm... it roughly comes out to a bit over a C-note for $1800... ($108 to be more precise) If the proprietor wants to go around such, there are a few ways. It'd be worth his while too, considering there might be 10+ units!

I am still interested. Without trying to lead this thread off into a different direction, which headers work the best with this exhaust as far as fit is concerned? I am in the market for some headers and would like to spend my money wisely. I really like the look of the Taitec headers, but don't know if a cheaper set of DC headers wouldn't be just as good? Any suggestions? Thanks, Kary

CL65 Captain said:
Update from Tony....

Jim

Hi Jim,

Any news from Tony regarding the Tubi group buy.

Thanks,

Mike

CL65 Captain said:
Someone is going to have to take over the group buy... I just purchased the old style tubi above. :smile:

Contact at Naplesmotorsports.com is Tony Swanson - [email protected]

Good luck all.

Jim

Congratulations on buying the old style Tubi. Be sure to post some picks when you get it installed.

For those of you that are still interested, please add your name and the year of your NSX to the list that I started below. Obviously, placing your name on the list is not a commitment, but it would give me an idea as to what I have to negotiate with.

My plan is to send an e-mail to tony at Naples Motorsports on Friday March 10th. So, I hope that everyone who is interested will have posted to the list. When I do contact Tony I will ask for his best price shipped to the garage where your NSX is parked. I will also request what will be the lead time from time of order to delivery of the Tubi exhaust. One other thing, I will only contact Tony if there is at least five on the list, however in my opinion I think we are going to need at least 10 on the list.

1) MikeC_587 - 1993
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Thanks,

Mike

Put my new to me "old style" tubi on last night. It is much more quiet than I expected. I only had the chance to take it for a quick spin, but with the windows up it isn't any louder than stock and NO drone at all. Felt faster at the top end. Rained all day today so didn't I take it out. Car is a 2000 with stock headers and cats. May have to look into a header or pulling the cats off to make it louder....

CL65 Captain said:
Put my new to me "old style" tubi on last night. It is much more quiet than I expected. I only had the chance to take it for a quick spin, but with the windows up it isn't any louder than stock and NO drone at all. Felt faster at the top end. Rained all day today so didn't I take it out. Car is a 2000 with stock headers and cats. May have to look into a header or pulling the cats off to make it louder....

Don't expect any increase in volume by replacing the headers. The CATS on the other hand should give a noticable increase in dB. I had heard up to 20% increase in volume.

If without the CATS you are still wanting more sound... Gruppe M. Ver 2 is quieter than ver 3 but ver 3 develops slightly more power. Ver 2 is still louder than the Tubi without CATS...

CL65 Captain said:

Nevermind.... with the windows down, the sound is just puuurrrrrrrfect! BTW: No drone what so ever.

Jim

Back