• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New turbo kit?

What makes it more complete?

Am I missing something? I don't see where the turbo is mounted. I'm not crazy about having the intercooler so close to the engine where it can heat soak even though it is water cooled. Price isn't bad considering all the pieces he supplies i.e headers and all the AEM stuff.

I was surfing the net and stumbled upon this :eek: Different design from other comparable kits, and also the most complete it seems.

http://kingsperformance.com/?p=1039

I agree... everything needed is there and the fabrication is top notch. I never heard of FMB.. but they know what they are doing

What makes it more complete?

It does have a divided y-pipe for a divided turbo... thats complete...and correct

Am I missing something? I don't see where the turbo is mounted.

The secondaries come together into 1 turbo flange with 2 inlet ports on the flange.

the turbo mounts to the flange seen on the first pic... right of the WTA

This set up uses a twin scroll turbo.... correctly

Going over the stuff it does seem like a complete kit. I cant even think of what else I would need for a turbo set up. If I am wrong please correct me though.

The kit includes:
FBM Stainless Steel Turbo Manifolds (complete replacement)
FBM Stainless Steel Downpipe
FBM Stainless Steel DumpTube
FBM Intercooler piping
FBM Couplers and T-bolt Clamps
FBM 1000hp Liquid/Air Intercooler
FBM Aluminum Heat Exchanger
FBM Aluminum Reservoir
Precision HP Billet Turbo
Kings Performance Turbo blanket
FBM Air filter
Tial Q 50mm BOV
Precision 46mm Wastegate
FBM Spec Bilge pump
KP Complete water lines & fittings
KP Complete oil feed and return lines
FBM Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust
KP 1000cc Injectors
KP HP In tank fuel pump
AEM EMS ECU
AEM Map Sensor
AEM Boost controller
AEM Boost gauge
AEM Wideband gauge
Price: $10,995

Looks like a really good kit, the fabrication looks great, I especially like the location of the air-water cooler.
The only downfall I see are the header flanges are poorly made, plus the piping off those flanges are not ovaled to allow smooth transition of exhaust gases.
But with all the accessories included with the kit, the price is awesome

Looks like a really good kit, the fabrication looks great, I especially like the location of the air-water cooler.
The only downfall I see are the header flanges are poorly made, plus the piping off those flanges are not ovaled to allow smooth transition of exhaust gases.
But with all the accessories included with the kit, the price is awesome

I agree with you on the location of the air-water cooler, but I'm not sure about some of the other components. Looks solid for a simple 420hp, but I'm not sure I would put this on a built motor.

I agree with you on the location of the air-water cooler, but I'm not sure about some of the other components. Looks solid for a simple 420hp, but I'm not sure I would put this on a built motor.

"not sure to use this on a built motor" I dont see why this kit cant put out 600hp to the wheel

Volume. Of course, it is hard to tell from the *lack luster* photos that we have seen so far, but those are by no means equal volume collectors, the diameter of the piping is in question, the A2w cooler does not seem that physically large....

Hey, I may be wrong. I haven't put the time into it. They are apparently selling you 1000cc injectors regardless of fuel demand or any way to propperly deliver the fuel to the injectors themselves. :confused: But if someone can slap this onto a mildly built motor and make 600hp, I'll be jealous. The price is right!

Volume. Of course, it is hard to tell from the *lack luster* photos that we have seen so far, but those are by no means equal volume collectors, the diameter of the piping is in question, the A2w cooler does not seem that physically large....

Hey, I may be wrong. I haven't put the time into it. They are apparently selling you 1000cc injectors regardless of fuel demand or any way to propperly deliver the fuel to the injectors themselves. :confused: But if someone can slap this onto a mildly built motor and make 600hp, I'll be jealous. The price is right!

that a2w intercooler looks the same size as my garrett 1000hp core if not bigger. if they are id1000 injectors, i would use those over any 440 or 550cc injector anyway, idles better and obviously offers more fuel when the demand exists. it also includes a fuel pump to deliver the fuel what else are you looking for?

Last edited:
Ross,

Can you qualify this statement:

Your quote "and the fabrication is top notch. I never heard of FMB":rolleyes:

Ross,

Can you qualify this statement:

Your quote "and the fabrication is top notch. I never heard of FMB":rolleyes:

FBM is obviously the fabricator... I am not aware of them

as far as fabrication... fabricators try to go above and beyond after they have perfected "making things"

this guy knows what he is doing...

- the aluminum welds have good cleansing lines (the white wake to the left and right of the bead on the atw). The bead doesn’t matter as much as good "penny" matters
- He chose to dome the top of the WTA... used a break to minimize weld lines... it's a clean design and far from his first WTA fab
- He rarely uses 90 degree bends...a lot of 45's... which means he has experience with maximizing flow of exhaust and charge gases
- look at his exhaust hangers... compare them to other exhaust hangers on NSX parts available... the J hooks show he has made many ss exhausts before... it takes experience to do and also point out fab skills like this
- expensive ss flex joints... expensive v-bands... everywhere… his collectors also have no issues…
- BTW – since only 1 WG is installed… it looks like the fabricator has left the ability for a twin-scroll but this kit is an open y-pipe design. A second WG and a SS divider would be easy to implement with the design layout.

On another note….

I don’t know why ovals and equal length are mentioned like it’s a flaw here.. turbo theory has so many variables… this kit is the shit… IMO... if I didnt have the skills to make my own... and money wasent an issue... this kit and lovfabs would be one's to consider... they both cost as much as a decent used car though.

- the HP turbo comparison… dude… come on… is a MR2 a Ferrari? – I don’t see a single place that cost was substituted for quality.. the flanges that look “poorly made” look that way because he is coming straight off the exhaust port with 2.25”… maybe 2.5”… which requires a larger header flange

I hope this clarifies things for you.. I will not be posting on this thread again...

Mainly because posts 2/3/4/7/the downfall mentioned in 12/13/14/and 15 are so far from educated responses... I can’t believe that anyone who doesn’t know this stuff would make comments like this.

Once again Hybridtheory is correct... I would even go as far as to say... it looks like the kit HAS a Garrett 1000 hp core....

I'm sorry... especially if I offended anyone by saying this... but current and future turbo NSX's owners would benefit "filtered data".. the “my car has this kit…. It is the best kit cuz I bought it… attitude” needs to go away in order for what is made in the future to get any better.

FBM is obviously the fabricator... I am not aware of them

FBM looks to be Full Blown Motorsports. I know they have developed turbo kits for the S2000. From what I have seen, their work is pretty highly regarded.

Plus, I believe they were the first to offer the dual in-tank walbro kits for many Honda applications. Yea that's them and I believe this is the same company. So if they are offering fuel setups, maybe they are also developing a dual in-tank walbro setup as well.

They helped with the worlds fastest s2000, so we know their manifolds are good. Which has already been pointed out by STMPO, as always.

Yes, we have been working with Jose “Pepo” Besosa @ Red Star Motoring on trying to get all the parts we need to get the maximum performance, most horsepower to the wheels, best package & raised the bar for the “Stock Chassis Class”. Three months ago we ran the car and we were able to break the World S2000 Record with a 7.71 @ 175mph. Pepo & Josian were happy with the results but they wanted more!!! After testing many different Precision Turbos, compression, intake manifolds, injectors & ECU, I think that we have found the perfect combination for this application. We decided to contact the best company when it came to what we were looking for, so these were the upgrades that we decided to do:

-Precision Custom GT42R Billet turbo
-AEM V2 ems
-Kings Performance V2 T4 turbo manifold-InlinePro Intake manifold
-CP Custom Pistons
-KP 2200cc Injectors w/ AEM Injector Driver box
-Some magic on the suspension by Bartolo Racecraft!
And not to mention the amazing tuned on the AEM V2 ems by Jose “Pepo” Besosa @ Red Star Motoring.

We couldn’t be more happy with the results: 7.59 @ 179.5mph on the S2000 S2King from Red Star Motoring weighing 2,395 lbs with driver & running VP Race fuel, with those numbers setting the record of the WORLD’S FASTEST S2000!

http://kingsperformance.com/?p=1379

- the HP turbo comparison… dude… come on… is a MR2 a Ferrari? – I don’t see a single place that cost was substituted for quality.. the flanges that look “poorly made” look that way because he is coming straight off the exhaust port with 2.25”… maybe 2.5”… which requires a larger header flange.

Ross,
1st of all thank you for not posting on this thread anymore. It will save us from having to read your page long posts about why something is good or bad based on your ideas. Plenty of us have been doing this long enough to know the best engineering practices for a turbo system even though we don't repeat them in every post. Though you have promised to leave before....

I guess you are in constant “defensive” mode, but I said and let me quote myself if I may "Looks a lot like the HP Performance turbo kit lay out.". Nothing about the quality of the work or components was ever mentioned in my one line response, just where the parts are placed.

Your knowledge like anyone else is very welcome and respected here, unfortunately I grow tired of reading a page of ranting to find the useful information sprinkled with in it. The last line in your post is always a great idea but you are one of the worst offenders. Your agenda is not very hidden and we have to read it over and over.

Cheers,
Gary

Ross,
1st of all thank you for not posting on this thread anymore. It will save us from having to read your page long posts about why something is good or bad based on your ideas. Plenty of us have been doing this long enough to know the best engineering practices for a turbo system even though we don't repeat them in every post. Though you have promised to leave before....

I guess you are in constant “defensive” mode, but I said and let me quote myself if I may "Looks a lot like the HP Performance turbo kit lay out.". Nothing about the quality of the work or components was ever mentioned in my one line response, just where the parts are placed.

Your knowledge like anyone else is very welcome and respected here, unfortunately I grow tired of reading a page of ranting to find the useful information sprinkled with in it. The last line in your post is always a great idea but you are one of the worst offenders. Your agenda is not very hidden and we have to read it over and over.

Cheers,
Gary

Gary... I will remove the spell I placed on you forcing you to read my posts

I also disagree with you whole heartedly on your hp performance kit comparrison.. I have no clue as to how they are simalar.

Regards

I know the shop/owner, and I know the owner of the car(both local to me). Both are good people. FBM makes very high quality stuff and has been in the high HP game for a while now. Their in tank fuel kits are very well made as well. This kit looks to be a bargain if you ask me. Going to have to go down there and check it out in person.

Back