• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Vendor Page Requirement

Re: ** NOTICE of new vendor requirement **

A suggestion:

It might be helpful if the username in the wiki page hyperlinked to their forum profile page (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/member.php?u=XXXX), where people could inspect their feedback.

I realize that someone coming in through a user's signature can already get there directly, but someone perusing the vendor list from inside the wiki itself would have to search the forum for the user.

Just a thought.

I agree, and in fact I have gone in and linked the user names on a bunch of vendor pages already. A randomly selected example: http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/KHrant_Enterprises

You (or anyone else) are welcome to link the user name(s) to their associated forum profile for any of the others. Or I will do it when I get some spare time.

I also configured the vbulletin software to display the iTrader feedback tab as the first/default tab on forum profile pages.

The only reason I didn't make this part of the requirement for the vendors when they set up their page is that many are having trouble just getting the basic info entered and formatted correctly. I figured linking the user name to the profile page was destined to generate too much confusion so I'd just do it myself.

Hi Lud,

I have screwed up. I changed CT Engineering to MY information.

I straightened some of it out but the products/services/business type I goofed up pretty good.

Go to their WIki heading and you'll see. How do I fix this?.
DUh

Last edited:

No problem, I reverted it to the version prior to your edits. The wiki software is good that way. Nothing is ever deleted, it's just a revision and you can always go back.

Effective September 14, 2009 every vendor who uses this forum must:

1. Have a Vendor Page for their company. Please use this template I created and filled in for CT Engineering: http://nsxprime.com/wiki/CT_Engineering (I just picked them because they are first in the alphabet and I had to pick someone)

2. Have linked their Vendor Page from the Vendor List http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Vendor_List

3. Any post by a vendor in the Vendor forum must have a clearly identified link to their Vendor Page in their signature. For example: "See my NSX Vendor Page: [link to page]"

4. The user name of any account advertising items or services for sale in the Vendor section must be listed on the "NSXPrime User Name(s)" line of the Vendor Page.

For now, the only mandatory fields on the Vendor Pages are the Company Name and User Names. If you are a part-time vendor and do not have a company name, use your NSX Prime user name (or your real name if you prefer) as your company name.

This is mandatory for anyone who wants to advertise or sell anything in the vendor forum. Any vendor posts after 9/14 that do not comply will be deleted without notice. Thanks for your understanding as I work to try and improve the Marketplace.

I was going to create a page for company and noticed the CT Engineering page is completely blank?? I udnerstand to click edit, so I can copy everything to a new page for myself - but there's nothing there? Did someone CUT instead?

Works fine for me

Here is the code:
NSX vendor listing:
{|
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap | '''Name''' || CT Engineering
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''Physical Address''' || 3239 Monier Circle, Suite 5
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''Mailing Address''' || same as physical address
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''Phone''' || (916) 635-4550
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''Fax''' || (916) 635-4632
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''Website''' || http://www.ct-engineering.com/
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''Business Hours''' || Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST)
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''Owner/Contact''' || (none)
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''NSXPrime User Name(s)''' || (none)
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''Products/Services''' || Various bolt-on performance parts including engine, drivetrain, suspension, brakes, and the most popular supercharger kit for the NSX
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''Business Type''' || Full time, multiple employee, sells product through authorized dealer network
|-
| align="right" valign="top" nowrap |'''Notes''' || This company was formed to carry on the performance parts business when Comptech USA reorganized to focus exclusively on machining, fabrication, and race cars.
|-
|}

''Note: This is a listing only. No endorsement of this vendor is intended or implied. Do your homework before doing business.''

[[Vendor_List | Go to Vendor List]]

Works fine for me

Here is the code:

I just check the original CT Engineering link - NOW the information was there. Lastnight it was blank. :)

Yup, I'm not loosing my mind, here's the log. Apparently it was just fixed by the admin.

# (cur) (last) 05:12, 11 February 2010 NSXPrime-3736 (Talk | contribs) m (Reverted edits by ProcarSpecials-5576 (Talk); changed back to last version by NSXPrime-3736)
# (cur) (last) 08:08, 9 February 2010 ProcarSpecials-5576 (Talk | contribs) (Removing all content from page)

ProCar removed everything on Feb 9 and that change was reverted.

Last edited:
Prime admin,

I have registered as a vendor per your request. I think I have done everything correctly. Please confirm if I missed something so the thread does not get deleted.

Prime admin,

I have registered as a vendor per your request. I think I have done everything correctly. Please confirm if I missed something so the thread does not get deleted.

Everything looks right to me. Thanks for your very prompt response to my e-mail request.

Hi, I received a notice telling me that my advert was removed....I was advised to set up a vendor page but I am not a vendor/professional seller/business.

As per the request, even though I wasn't overly familiar with how to carry out the procedure, I believe I set up a vendor page and added myself to the vendor list.

I have tried to update the moderator who I believe is "ANYTIME" by replying to the PM he sent me. So far I have had no replies although he logs on regularly.

One worry is that my inititial post in the DIY forum has been deleted. This was really just a "help" post showing how to fit an S2000 wheel using my adaptor method. I've never posted any detailed thread like that one before and have no saved copy so will be dissappointed if this is lost....

We all have to start somewhere on forums and me being a bit niaive of the requirements has been dealt deletion of post without any warning....

Can someone please advise what happens now......

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,

You need to link the vendor page in your signature. I'll take a look at it then. Your messages can be restored, so nothing will be lost.

Hopefully did everything correctly according to instruction. How long before my thread is un-deleted?

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
Danny

Fix your signature and add the information to the vendor list on the wiki like everyone else and your thread will be moved back.

Sorry guys, but I just wanted to confirm that the quote below was true! I also don't just want to spam up your forum. Just a bit inquisitive, as I just wasn't expecting it to be free. If being a donating member is the way to support NSXPrime, I'd be more than happy to sign up for a subscription.

There is no fee or application to participate as a vendor on NSX Prime.

I run a small business catering to S2000s to provide new, unique, and inexpensive accessories. A member tried the products on his NSX instead, and they worked great!
I've been in business for a year and have exceeded 1000 orders and happy customers. :) If you need any kind of vouches or feedback, I'd be happy to provide them.

Thanks NSXPrime!

Last edited:
Quote:
There is no fee or application to participate as a vendor on NSX Prime.
Sorry guys, but I just wanted to confirm that the quote below was true! I also don't just want to spam up your forum. Just a bit inquisitive, as I just wasn't expecting it to be free. If being a donating member is the way to support NSXPrime, I'd be more than happy to sign up for a subscription.

Yes, that is correct.

If you feel like donating money to the site, you are welcome to do so. It is not required of anyone, including vendors.

Hello Mods and Lud, a problem has been brought to my attention - on my vendor page in the history, my name appears as Chris Apkarian and then shows I changed it to Wil - I don't know how it happened, maybe I used his wiki page as a template and somehow failed to erase it???

Anyway, if someone could completely remove his name from my page/history, that would be great since apparently this is arousing some suspicions as to my identity...

Also can someone please correct the spelling in the word "exhaust"

You can see it here:

http://nsxprime.com/w/index.php?title=Angus&oldid=3098

Thanks guys!

Back