• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Wheels Advan RSDs

Picked up some new wheels from Chris and Brian from Science of Speed:

Front: 18x8 +37 Falken 452 225/35/18
Rear: 19x10 +35 Falken 452 275/30/19

I also just installed Spoon Monoblock calipers for the front.

Before:
DSC04824.jpg

After:
DSC09652.jpg

DSC09654.jpg

DSC09739.jpg

DSC09715.jpg

DSC09713.jpg

DSC09711.jpg

DSC09696.jpg

DSC09660.jpg

Last edited:
Great job on the wheels! set the car off BY A LOT! i like this look better...no offense to your volks, hehe

Thanks for the comments! I was really hesitant on this new look but I've gotten some positive comments on them so far. I miss the TEs but since my front offsets was +50 in the front, the wheels wouldn't clear Spoon calipers.

i used the same tires from when I had them on the TE's, no rubbing on the Advans but I did rub on the TE's.

I'd say switch to a 215 so the front of the car is lifting up. Otherwise it looks good. :smile:

I am curious, are these 4pot monoblock calipers and are using what appears to be the stock OEM rotor? Why not go up to a larger rotor to fill the rim more and get some added performance with the added calipers?

Also may i ask where you got the calipers from and did they come with the brackets?

thanks in advance.

Ps- looks kinda like the ACTUAL Spoon NSX but probably better fit and finish :wink:

yes they are 4 pot calipers on the OEM rotor, I will eventually go up to a larger rotor, spoon actually makes them. Spoon calipers are made to fit the factory rotors.

I purchased the calipers from Opak Racing who is an authorized Spoon distributor. The kit comes complete with brackets.

Thanks for the comment!

I am curious, are these 4pot monoblock calipers and are using what appears to be the stock OEM rotor? Why not go up to a larger rotor to fill the rim more and get some added performance with the added calipers?

Also may i ask where you got the calipers from and did they come with the brackets?

thanks in advance.

Ps- looks kinda like the ACTUAL Spoon NSX but probably better fit and finish :wink:

Looks great! Wheel color and the caliper color contrasts very well. Nice set up.

yes they are 4 pot calipers on the OEM rotor, I will eventually go up to a larger rotor, spoon actually makes them. Spoon calipers are made to fit the factory rotors.

I purchased the calipers from Opak Racing who is an authorized Spoon distributor. The kit comes complete with brackets.

Thanks for the comment!

I'm guessing maybe you used the DC5 kit? the AP1/2 kit uses a reverse caliper, so it won't work.

Wow, been on the fence with the D series Advans but these look great. Keep going back and forth regarding going concave or sticking with a dish setup, best of booth worlds with these :wink:

How do you like your Brides? Ive been thinking about swapping out something different than my sparco's. Im pretty small so need a tighter fitted seat.

I love them, actually just got the pad reupholstered with Alcantara. The Low Max is perfect for me as well. Keeps you in place and is fully adjustable. The Passenger side I have the Gias with low bolsters so it's easier for the passenger to in and out of.

How do you like your Brides? Ive been thinking about swapping out something different than my sparco's. Im pretty small so need a tighter fitted seat.

Back