• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Wheels for the Sorcery widebodykit

Finally decided that I am gonna go with Sorcery widebody kit with fat tires in the back for my car so these new wheels show up today :biggrin:.

Size:
18x9 front
19x12 rear

if3.jpg

if2.jpg

if1.jpg

Last edited:
What are you doing for tires? I know widebodies lately have been doing 235/30/18 front and 315/25/19 rear... and I've been perfecting it for non widebodies by playing with offsets to get the right range...

But with a 19" up front, your going to deff have TCS issues, cause the smallest thing you can put up front is probably a 215/35/19 which is 1" taller up front then should be plus to maintain the ~ 6% TCS difference (rough ballpark, depends on your exact year) you'd probably want a 295/35/19 since you can't find a 315 to compliment the 215/35/19 up front.

Now if you dont have TCS then just go with 255/30/19 and 355/25/19 and Pirelli PZero Rossos are available in that :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
Here is the offset from Sorcery:
FRONT 9J +15
REAR 10J -5

What are you doing for tires? I know widebodies lately have been doing 235/30/18 front and 315/25/19 rear... and I've been perfecting it for non widebodies by playing with offsets to get the right range...

But with a 19" up front, your going to deff have TCS issues, cause the smallest thing you can put up front is probably a 215/35/19 which is 1" taller up front then should be plus to maintain the ~ 6% TCS difference (rough ballpark, depends on your exact year) you'd probably want a 295/35/19 since you can't find a 315 to compliment the 215/35/19 up front.

Now if you dont have TCS then just go with 255/30/19 and 355/25/19 and Pirelli PZero Rossos are available in that :)

Opps, I put the wrong info on the front wheels size, should be 18x9, yeah definitely hard to put 19 in the front.
For the tires 315/25/19 rear and 235/35/18 front.
355/25/19? :eek:

I Was kinda confused with your offsets. I have the sorcery rear. Will that work with it. I hear 0 offset will work but I am still unsure so I went with a +10 and it sits 1/4 inch from the outer lip area. POssibly the wheels face and bore difference made your that way but they look sick. DO you think it will be ready by NSTEXPO?

gil

those are some massive looking wheels. can't wait to see the final product... any idea on the final body color for the new sorcery beast?

Thanks guys.
Here is the offset from Sorcery:
FRONT 9J +15
REAR 10J -5

Opps, I put the wrong info on the front wheels size, should be 18x9, yeah definitely hard to put 19 in the front.
For the tires 315/25/19 rear and 235/35/18 front.
355/25/19? :eek:

If you have 18x9 ET 15 and 19x10 ET -5, then you should go 235/30/18 front and 315/25/19.

But if you have 19x13 rears, then its a different story...

I dare him to go "Alpine White"....:biggrin:
I just envy him for having his ready before mine...and I'll be Red for sure (Christmas maybe?) and would love to have a White car to drive around in the next time I'm back home...:cool:

Is Alpine white from the Subaru Impreza? or just a custom color for the alpine/sorcery nsx version 2

I Was kinda confused with your offsets. I have the sorcery rear. Will that work with it. I hear 0 offset will work but I am still unsure so I went with a +10 and it sits 1/4 inch from the outer lip area. POssibly the wheels face and bore difference made your that way but they look sick. DO you think it will be ready by NSTEXPO?

gil
I'm pretty sure it'll work, but I'll double check it again. I wont be ready for NSXPO but I'm pushing it for NSTEXPO. I hope my throttle body from Yamamoto will be ready by then. It'll be fun, 50 hp bolt-on parts NA raw power

do you mean
FRONT 9J +15
REAR 12J -5
not
FRONT 9J +15
REAR 10J -5
?
Yeah i know that's confusing, 19x12 is Iforged spec.

those are some massive looking wheels. can't wait to see the final product... any idea on the final body color for the new sorcery beast?
Yeah, I was hoping it could fit wider, I 'm just worried now how it's gonna ride now. I'm planning to go with red, although alpine white pearl is really tempting. O well, SEMA next year?
I dare him to go "Alpine White"....
I just envy him for having his ready before mine...and I'll be Red for sure (Christmas maybe?) and would love to have a White car to drive around in the next time I'm back home...
Lol.. you read my mind, don't even tempt me - I am really weak now. I talked to the bodyshop about it, and it's more expensive than the body kit itself.

Last edited:
I've got 18x8 et24 which is not optimal should have gone 18x8.5 or 9. I got 15m spacer and its still not flush. not to mention i got 235/30 which is the wrong profile i should have got 35 profile. With the sorcery you could probably fit 245/35 which is what i'll try next. John@microsoft has got 255/35 but his got an aggressive setup.

The rears I've got 10.5et12 with 295/30 19 Michelin PS2 which sit perfect! but I've got taitec rears which is only 30mm sorcery have 40mm.

Good Luck!

+1 Does the car have the power to back up the wide wheels? If not, it's like walking around with a sock in your pants. :tongue:
I put a sock in my pants one time to impress a girl. Turns out she was not turned on at all. Guess I should'nt have stuck it in the back.:frown:

I've got 18x8 et24 which is not optimal should have gone 18x8.5 or 9. I got 15m spacer and its still not flush. not to mention i got 235/30 which is the wrong profile i should have got 35 profile. With the sorcery you could probably fit 245/35 which is what i'll try next. John@microsoft has got 255/35 but his got an aggressive setup.

The rears I've got 10.5et12 with 295/30 19 Michelin PS2 which sit perfect! but I've got taitec rears which is only 30mm sorcery have 40mm.

Good Luck!

Thanks,
I ended up buying 245/30/18 for the front instead of 235.

12in wide??
i bet that looks intimidating from behind
can the nsx motor even turn the wheels? hehe
Yeah, it's the only way to go. I think 19x10 does not look right with widebody kit
It should turn the wheels :D

+1 Does the car have the power to back up the wide wheels? If not, it's like walking around with a sock in your pants.
I am adding more power to the Engine. I hope the part is done by next week - another creation by Yamamoto. It should add 25-30 hp more - plug and play. I'll post the product after dyno.

Back