• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Wing & Digicam!

fc26f4bb.jpg

fc26f4b9.jpg

fc26f4b2.jpg

fc26f4af.jpg

fc26f4ae.jpg

fc26f4a9.jpg

fc26f4b7.jpg

fc26f4b5.jpg

fc26f4b3.jpg

Last edited:
This is my new Comptech Widebody Wing. I had apprehensions at first about an aftermarket wing, but as soon as I got this mounted, I knew there was no turning back! Really matches flow of the factory lines, yet gives it a more updated & aggressive look w/o looking too ricey. Those not familiar w/ the NSX would think it's from the factory. IMO, cleaner looking than the type-r wing. I like how it's convex over the center and has subtle lip that extends out even w/ the vertical plane of the bumper.

Very impressive. Of all the aftermarket wings out there I think this one definitely looks the best. As you stated, not too overdone, and very tasteful. Was the led wiring on the correct (left) side?

No Gene, it wasn't, you remember my post a while back where I was bitchin' about that? I had my handyman re-fish the wire to the left, not a big deal, but a pain in the ass when you're all psyched to put it on then you realize you can't!!!

Next up, pics of my totally polished engine compartment!

Is it just me or the last picture shows the NSX smiling? :) Another job well done!

Very nice! Thats what I want to do to mine, but ad the rear trunk lid 2002 mini spoiler. I also like the front lip on your car looks a little more aggressive than the oem. thumbs up.:D

show1nsx said:
Very nice! Thats what I want to do to mine, but ad the rear trunk lid 2002 mini spoiler. I also like the front lip on your car looks a little more aggressive than the oem. thumbs up.:D

Show,

Ya know, I had that base covered and actually have the 2002 trunk lip spoiler, but after mounting the CT wing, it just looked odd & unnecessary. It looked odd b/c the CT is higher than stock & the increased space makes the trunk lip look disproportionate as well as wing overkill! The CT wing juts out toward the rear (bumper) and nicely compliments the RM front lip which juts out 2 inches forward.

Don, I think I am finally done w/ mods, my NSX I think has every conceivable mod short of a turbo or supercharger. Myengine bay just had a complete polished makeover including the alternator. When my clutch goes, I'm going for short gears and that's it, I swear!

nice job

skyline721 said:
I like it!!!!!! good job.
Same here -- did you do the body mods (WW skirts, CT wing, 02 rear valance) the same time you had the roof color-matched?

I'll probably do the 02 rear valance next myself.

QWKSLVR said:
I think I am finally done w/ mods, my NSX I think has every conceivable mod short of a turbo or supercharger. Myengine bay just had a complete polished makeover including the alternator. When my clutch goes, I'm going for short gears and that's it, I swear!
Famous last words... :D

- Manuel

Manuel, I would have prefered to do everything at once to save on time & $$, but usually never works out that way since I end up trying different combos of wings & skirts, etc. & I procure all these various parts from various places at different times. I do however have the same people paint it, which helps w/ the color matching.

Hey Eddie,

I like the wing!! Wanna trade NSX?

I thought this silver NSX on ebay was yours NSX on ebay , I even emailed the seller asking you why selling your baby...hahaha...glad it's not you!

-Yvonne

Looks good eddie
makes me wanna keep mine and keep having fun!

Yvonne,
that was you who emailed me. i thought someone sent me a wrong email. i should have known. Eddie's and mine look pretty identical. I am just testing the market for NSX right now. That's why it's on Ebay. We are building a house about 15 miles from my office and my wife and my financial planner only allow one toy car for me. I will need an automatic toy to stay in this DC traffic:D

this is me Yvonne, see the difference?
fc2ffa82.jpg

fc2ffb67.jpg

show1, the wing is not advertised as an individual piece. It is actually part of the Comptech widebody kit, but can be purchased separately. I think only 2 other people in the world have this wing on their non-widebodied NSX (no one was ever aware that it fits on a regular body and is available separately.) These are made to order by Wings West exclusively for CT, took about 2-3 to arrive to my door, not bad. Just give Comptech a call. The nice thing about this wing is that it is molded form ABS plastic and is very light and smooth. It's actually lighter than factory and now my trunk lid stays up w/o having to buy new struts. Easy to prep, paint, install (except I had to re-fish the brake light wiring to the left side, it came wired on the right by mistake from WW). Find it here: http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/740500.html

Back