• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Newbie needs help

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I have been thinking about getting a NSX for about five months. I likely will take the plunge in the spring.

If you were to get one now, which model year would you look for?

I am in Waterloo, Ontario. Would you recommend a publication/way to find a good car?

Are NSX expensive to maintain? What is the service schedule like?

Thanks.

Ray

which model year would you look for
Hi Ray and welcome to the NSX world !

Regarding which model / year definitely get a Standard and a T. When I drive mine with the top on due to rain, it's not the same car at all.

Once you are all set up, our designated top notch driver ( Stu ) known as RED on this forum will tell you what "not" to do......

once again, welcome on board

Wow someone that lives in the same city!? Where in Waterloo do you live? I have a 91 Blk, if I was to do it again I'd get 97+ Targa in Yellow 6Spd, or GP White and convert as close to a NSX-R. So far I've been very lucky with my car, no major problems just wear and tear items, and I should mention I don't track my car but some of the other guys here can comment on wear & tear.

Take a look through the Autotrader.ca there are a few in Ont for sale right now. The NSX is probably the cheapest of the supercars out there to maintain, with a wealth of information and a great community here... Welcome & Good luck with your search... :smile:

Richie

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I have been thinking about getting a NSX for about five months. I likely will take the plunge in the spring....Thanks.
Ray

although Ontario doesnt have any real good resources in finding NSX's except for Autotrader.ca , the ones posted on there at this moment are way too expensive for what they are
as well as some of them have been listed for over a year now

and welcome good luck on ur search be patient it may take a while but make sure u find the right one because finalizing the deal

Look in the States as well. Lots of cars down there, especially out East. Importing isn't that big of a deal.

Kaz: If you haven't found a Soarer yet, friend of mine has a sweet black 5-speed TT Soarer for sale.

Look in the States as well. Lots of cars down there, especially out East. Importing isn't that big of a deal.

Actually that was my next question. I considered that option. Then I read about what Transport Canada might require me to do in order to certify the car (less than 15 years old) for registration. Has anyone certified a NSX from the States? I would like to know what I am getting into. :smile:

This seems like a very tight group. I can't wait to become a full member.

I have another question. I have seen quite a few cars from 91-95 for sale. And some 02+. But none in-between. Why is that?

Ray

although Ontario doesnt have any real good resources in finding NSX's except for Autotrader.ca , the ones posted on there at this moment are way too expensive for what they are
as well as some of them have been listed for over a year now

I am wondering what would be fair. I called Sherway Acura about their 95 NSX-T. They want $62,900. :eek: Holy smoke! Someone please tell me that is on the high side...

Hi Richie,

I am in Laurel Wood. I have seen a red and an orange NSX in the city, but no yours yet. :) Which part are you in?

I saw a yellow one on Auto Trader two weeks ago. I wonder if it was sold...

Ray

I live in Northlake area... I've seen the Imola Orange around town as well...

I am wondering what would be fair. I called Sherway Acura about their 95 NSX-T. They want $62,900. :eek: Holy smoke! Someone please tell me that is on the high side...

yes u are correct way too much money for that

Ryan send me a pm about ur friends car i am very interested

It comes down to how much u wanna spend vs. whats available - typically dealers seem to overprice the cars vs. bringing them in from the USA yourself.

$62k is a great price for an 02+ and a bad price for a 2000, its all about what you want too. I paid a bit more for my '03 and bought it in the states from an Aucra dealer specificially because I wanted yellow - lots of factors, people also shop for low milage - I don't care myself, my cousin has a 92 with 230 MILES on it and has only done maintenance (brakes, timing belt, one clutch) they run for a long time - the question is low k gives you better resale options...lots to think about!

$62k is a great price for an 02+ and a bad price for a 2000, its all about what you want too. I paid a bit more for my '03 and bought it in the states from an Aucra dealer specificially because I wanted yellow

Hi Red,

What kind of mods/upgrades was required in order to register your '03 in Ontario? I am seriously considering that options. There are more choices in the US.

Thanks.

Ray

Hi Red,

What kind of mods/upgrades was required in order to register your '03 in Ontario? I am seriously considering that options. There are more choices in the US.

Thanks.

Ray

You need to do almost nothing - do a quick search and you'll see - its all about daytime running lights and not much else.

Here is great find....http://www.parcars.com/parall.htm

You'll be the only one in Canada with this Great Colour.

1842 Acura NSX 6-Speed 2003 $64,900 Blue Blue 11,000 A Mint/Mint 1-Owner pampered NSX 6-Speed with only 11,000 miles. Fully Loaded: Traction Control, Bose Sound System, 7"& 9" X 17" Factory Alloy Wheels, Xenon HID Lights, Removable Roof Panel plus much more. In stock

Bram
Hi Red,

Thanks.

Ray

Back