Newly installed CF console with navigation unit...

Just got this done last week. Dali's CF console and the Eclipse AVN5435 (Thanks SNDSOUL)... came out very nice. Plenty of room for some gauges just underneath it... someday :)

Also installed my SOS CF gauge trim... what a pain that was, but looks great. Click:

Looks great! Is your CF gauge garnish the one that covers or replaces the factory bezel. The interior looks as nice as the exterior.

Smiley said:
That looks great ,I would love to have that navigation unit in my NSX.
Thanks Smiley....

mackash said:
Looks great! Is your CF gauge garnish the one that covers or replaces the factory bezel. The interior looks as nice as the exterior.
Its the overlay... superior quality.. a must have

Sweeeeet!! :biggrin:

I have a question for you.....when you installed the S.O.S. carbon fiber gauge garnish, did you just stick it on top of the OEM garnish, or did you pop out the all the gauge surround rings, filters, etc. and replace the OEM garnish with the S.O.S. piece?? I just did this last night and I could not get it to go on top of the OEM piece, so I had to pop everything out and leave the OEM piece out when reassembling.

Meeyatch1 said:
I have a question for you.....when you installed the S.O.S. carbon fiber gauge garnish, did you just stick it on top of the OEM garnish, or did you pop out the all the gauge surround rings, filters, etc. and replace the OEM garnish with the S.O.S. piece?? I just did this last night and I could not get it to go on top of the OEM piece, so I had to pop everything out and leave the OEM piece out when reassembling.
I just placed it on top... the instructions from SOS said something about not being able to snap it all the way back on, but that doesnt cause any issues. Once you get it all screwed back together, it stays snug.

Anytime: Dallas rocks! :)

92NSX: Yes, I got the blank one. Brett (SNDSOUL) did the cutout for me and made me the killer deal on the Eclipse unit.

Here's a question.... what's the major difference, besides price (that I can see) between the Eclipse AVN5435 and the AVN2454? I see that they both have 6.5" wide TFT touch screen displays, both have CD/DVD mutli-source drives, both has navigation. Is there something different between the two besides the fact that the AVN5435 has the volume controls on the left side and the AVN2454 has the volume controls on the right side :tongue: ? I couldn't find any good websites that explained the 2 in detail to where I could find any differences.

Newman said:
Here's a question.... what's the major difference, besides price (that I can see) between the Eclipse AVN5435 and the AVN2454? I see that they both have 6.5" wide TFT touch screen displays, both have CD/DVD mutli-source drives, both has navigation. Is there something different between the two besides the fact that the AVN5435 has the volume controls on the left side and the AVN2454 has the volume controls on the right side :tongue: ? I couldn't find any good websites that explained the 2 in detail to where I could find any differences.

The Eclipse 5435 has Sirius capabilities and also higher line voltage which will give it a higher s/n ratio for better sound quality. Those are the two big changes I think.

Newman said:
The differences are very subtle. Between you and Malibu Rapper, I think you've just about got them all covered. Both very nice units though, i'll tell you that. Being new in Dallas, the one in my truck has literally been my eyes and ears for the past month.

Back