• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

next car recommendations

my F355 is tentatively sold.... just need to pass inspection.

my next car will be sub $100k... but nothing out there under $100k really wows me. The F355 is the closest I've ever been to really loving a car. Not really sure why I'm selling it... it wasn't even really for sale. Someone made an offer and I said yes... more or less on a whim.

Perhaps I haven't thought about all possible choices. I've so far considered 911 variations, 360, Z8 and of course NSX. I'm not a track junkie... just a weekend cruiser. Any recommendations?

my F355 is tentatively sold.... just need to pass inspection.

my next car will be sub $100k... but nothing out there under $100k really wows me. The F355 is the closest I've ever been to really loving a car. Not really sure why I'm selling it... it wasn't even really for sale. Someone made an offer and I said yes... more or less on a whim.

Perhaps I haven't thought about all possible choices. I've so far considered 911 variations, 360, Z8 and of course NSX. I'm not a track junkie... just a weekend cruiser. Any recommendations?
360 is now in striking distance, 911 and variations just too common, Z8 great retro look & unique, could also look at gallardo (personally doesn't do it for me), another NSX, 550, what do you want?

genre...

For a sub-$100k exotic sports-car, the 360 F1 Modena seems to be the unequivocal choice.

An '02-'05 NSX should be a worthwhile consideration, obviously!

The Aston Martin DB9 and Vanquish are right @ $100k, as of now... those are two GT's that I really admire. A very attractive price-point vs. their original MSRP!

If a Lambo' Gallardo can be acquired at/near $100k, that would be at the of top my list; personally speaking.

A lot depreciation associated w/ the 996/997 Porsche, Mercedes Benz SL AMGs, and quite likely anticipated w/ the Maserati Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
Nissan GT-R

I've finally narrowed it down to 2 cars... GT2 and 360. Amazingly I've found a relatively local dealer who has both in stock.. and in absolutely gorgeous conditions. The '03 GT2's asking price is $5k more than the '00 360.

I am really torn. Opinions please
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• gt2.jpg
    gt2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 360.jpg
    360.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 223
What other cars do you own? How much "wknd cruising" are you talking about? Drive to other cities? sprited drives with other car guys for a couple hours or a wknd- do a couple of chores and take wife out for a nice dinner?

These are two completely different cars. The 360 is about style, beauty and attention. The GT2 - a basically a rocket in plain clothes. Most people will think its a regular 911. Only porschephiles will drool over it. The GT2 is an absolute beast but you get 996 outdated interior and exterior styling. Personally - If you like Ferraris then a 360 is the obvious choice. However its performance isn't jaw dropping(sorry steve).

These are two completely different cars. The 360 is about style, beauty and attention. The GT2 - a basically a rocket in plain clothes. Most people will think its a regular 911. Only porschephiles will drool over it.

There's a black GT2 on the island and no one pays any attention to it because there are hundreds of 911's here. That car is insane and the exhaust note can send a shiver down your spine if you're not expecting it. Happened to me once on my Gixxer. I thought something was wrong with my bike for a minute until I realized that rumbling was the Porsche in my mirror. That said, if it were my decision I would go with the Ferrari. Who cares about a little performance, people see the little prancing horse and stop what they're doing. Besides, even a GT2 can't beat a lil ol 2V Duc until about 100.

The only car superior to the 360 in regards to what the 360 offers is the 430. As incredible a piece of machinery as the 911 is, it's still not in the same league. I'd only take the 911 over the 360 if you do not value the F over the P and you'd rather stay more 'undercover'.

If you have a desire to own an AM, it's worth investigating but will not have the same quality or performance feel as either the pcar or the fcar. I will have a DB9 sooner or later, but it would be impossible to take it over a 360.

GT2 is badass but scary, I know of two buddies who wrecked their's. The GT2 is a gentleman's racer. Kinda blends in with all the regular 911/Boxster's. The 360 well, you look like a millionare/dot com mogul/celebrity. Your call:biggrin:

Funny, we just had this same dilemma and got down to the same 2 choices in that we considered a 911 and 360. Wound up getting an 03 911 Turbo (996) over the GT2 or 360 because after serious mods we'll have a faster/more exciting car for less.......about $80 Grand. Also, there is a lot of personilization opportunities to keep it from being just another 911. Also, if you go 360 be ready for outrageous repair $. Having said that the Ferrari is still in our future plans!

Where are you finding sub $100K 360's? When I look at a nice 360 it is usually $125 - $135K unless it has a lot of miles, etc.

Last edited:
Back