• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Next NSX still alive?

The Honda designer, Leon Paz just unveiled this 3 seater sportscar concept.

206724.jpg

206723.jpg

206725.jpg

206726.jpg

puke.gif

This is NOT a Honda design, and it is NOT an Acura design. It is a design student's project. This is how internet rumors get started.

Attachments

• Acura_21_Concept_1.jpg
    Acura_21_Concept_1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Acura_21_Concept_2.jpg
    Acura_21_Concept_2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Acura_21_Concept_3.jpg
    Acura_21_Concept_3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Acura_21_Concept_4.jpg
    Acura_21_Concept_4.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Acura_21_Concept_5.jpg
    Acura_21_Concept_5.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 45

Attachments

• Acura_21_Concept_6.jpg
    Acura_21_Concept_6.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 44
  • acura-concept-1-lg-600x287.jpg
    acura-concept-1-lg-600x287.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 32
  • acura-concept-2-lg-600x306.jpg
    acura-concept-2-lg-600x306.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 28
Leon Paz (Colombia) graduated from the Art Center College of Arts in summer 2007 with a Bachelor of Transportation Design.

The Acura project was done during his internship at Honda R&D Americas.

Attachments

• Acura-Concept-Design-Sketch-2-lg.jpg
    Acura-Concept-Design-Sketch-2-lg.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Acura-Concept-Design-Sketch-3-lg.jpg
    Acura-Concept-Design-Sketch-3-lg.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Aucra-Le-Mans-Concept-1-lg.jpg
    Aucra-Le-Mans-Concept-1-lg.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 50
2 much Batman, 0 Italian = weird "cool" but weird design ...
Oscar

Honda cancels new Acura NSX

Plans for Acura’s NSX supercar program are on ice.

Honda president Takeo Fukui announced the NSX’s demise on Wednesday as part of several cutbacks, as Honda grapples with the global economic downturn.

The NSX was expected to have a front-mounted V10 engine that made at least 500 hp. It would have been the successor to the first-generation NSX, which had a mid-mounted V6. That NSX went out of production in late 2005 after 14 years.

The new NSX was expected to debut as a 2010 model.

It was poised to be Acura’s answer to the Audi R8 and Nissan GT-R. The NSX was expected to be outfitted with a number of Honda’s top-shelf technologies, including its Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system. It was also likely to get aluminum and carbon-fiber parts to keep weight low.

The program appeared to be on track as late as this summer, when spy shooters caught what looked to be an NSX prototype blitzing Germany’s famed Nürburgring circuit.

That car looked similar to the Advanced Sports Car concept unveiled at the Detroit auto show in 2007, which got a so-so reception.

There was also speculation that the mule caught on camera in Germany was a totally different car that would be cheaper and arrive on the market sooner than the NSX.

Regardless, the NSX would have made Acura a true competitor in the super car segment. The original NSX program offered two V6s, which made less than 300 hp.

In addition to canceling the NSX, Honda is cutting sales and profit forecasts, executive pay and pushing back plant openings. It also won’t launch the Acura brand in Japan in 2010, as planned.

Automotive News reporter Hans Greimel contributed to this report

Banzai burned? Honda reportedly kills confirms NSX is DOA

Amidst a troubled global economy, Honda is actively scaling back its operations, and its performance programs are sadly bearing the brunt. After canceling its participation in Formula One and the AMA motorbike road racing series, the Japanese automaker has reportedly announced that it is nixing development of the next-generation NSX supercar.

The unfortunate news will undoubtedly come as a stunning disappointment for the loyal legions of Honda/Acura sportscar fans. The new NSX, which looked to be nearing the end of its development on the road to production, was slated to be the most powerful car ever made by Honda, driven by an anticipated 560-horsepower V10.

According to Autocar, the goal-line audible came from none other than Takeo Fukui, Honda's CEO, who dropped the bombshell as part of a end-of-year speech to the troops. The news also means that Honda is suspending plans to finally bring the Acura nameplate to Japan, and it also calls into doubt the fate of the V10 engine itself, as well as any long-rumored V8 powertrains.

Honda hasn't ruled out the possibility of picking up where it left off once business is back in order, but in the meantime the original NSX, which ceased production in 2005 after fifteen years on the market, will have to remain without an heir.

Update: Acura spokesman Mike Spencer has confirmed to Autoblog that the NSX has indeed been canceled. We'll now never know how good it might have been.

Honda Officially Cancels Development of V10-Powered NSX Successor

To the bitter disappointment of sports car fans, the latest victim of the global economic recession is the next-generation Honda / Acura NSX supercar which has been canned. The announcement was made today by Honda CEO Takeo Fukui at his end-of-year speech. "The development of the NSX successor model equipped with V10 engine will be cancelled," said Takeo Fukui. The much anticipated NSX supercar that was previewed in concept form through the Acura Advance Sports Car Concept at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show was nearing its final stages of development. If it were to have been produced, the V10 supercar would have been the Japanese firm's most powerful production model ever according to company sources.

Aside from the cancellation of the NSX successor, the financial crisis that has hit the automobile industry has also forced Honda to withdraw from all Formula One activities, making 2008 the last season of participation for the Japanese company.

Though not as near as significant, Takeo Fukui revealed that Honda has also abandoned its prior plan to introduce the Acura brand in the Japanese market around 2010. On the bright side, Fukui confirmed once again that Honda's all-new sporty hybrid vehicle based on the CR-Z will go on sale by the end of 2010.

Major Stoner well done as usually, the value of are cars just went up :smile:

http://automobiles.honda.com/fc-sport/

This is more like the future of Honda's Sports car. But who knows when? I mean, It's great that Honda is going green, but plumiting oil prices and all those negative things I've heard from Auto Journalist, Forum debates, about Hybrid vehicles have makes me even more upset about what Honda's has plans for the future. Fuel Cell yeah, lots of company has concepts vehicles of some sort. But when are we actually gonna see one at our local dealer? And how good could it be performance wise? Don't get me wrong I am a big Honda/Toyota/Nissan Fan. But all I see is slightly better than "Normal" sub-compact mileage dull looking, not to mention slow civic Hybrid, Toyota Prius and other Hybrids offered on the market. I am sorry that I am kinda off topic here. But can anyone understand my frustration in Honda lately? First pulling the plug on F1 and now 2-gen NSX. Whats next axing the S2000 just for kicks? I still see rich people buying expensive M3/5/6 as well as waiting list on R8, California, GTR etc. What makes them so fricking special that Honda don't worth the fight in getting one, I mean just one halo car for the spotlight? :confused:

http://automobiles.honda.com/fc-sport/

This is more like the future of Honda's Sports car. But who knows when? I mean, It's great that Honda is going green, but plumiting oil prices and all those negative things I've heard from Auto Journalist, Forum debates, about Hybrid vehicles have makes me even more upset about what Honda's has plans for the future. Fuel Cell yeah, lots of company has concepts vehicles of some sort. But when are we actually gonna see one at our local dealer? And how good could it be performance wise? Don't get me wrong I am a big Honda/Toyota/Nissan Fan. But all I see is slightly better than "Normal" sub-compact mileage dull looking, not to mention slow civic Hybrid, Toyota Prius and other Hybrids offered on the market. I am sorry that I am kinda off topic here. But can anyone understand my frustration in Honda lately? First pulling the plug on F1 and now 2-gen NSX. Whats next axing the S2000 just for kicks? I still see rich people buying expensive M3/5/6 as well as waiting list on R8, California, GTR etc. What makes them so fricking special that Honda don't worth the fight in getting one, I mean just one halo car for the spotlight? :confused:

My guess is that Honda is trying to weather this market. No excess at all. Nissan's flowering plan came from a company that was in peril 10 years ago. They needed to brethe life into the company and they did it through making big moves. Same with Hyundai. I beleive that Honda should get rid of the Acura line as well. Save the TSX and MDX. Get rid of the Ridgeline and Pilot and just go from there.

Sometimes bigger isn't always better.

My guess is that Honda is trying to weather this market. No excess at all. Nissan's flowering plan came from a company that was in peril 10 years ago. They needed to brethe life into the company and they did it through making big moves. Same with Hyundai. I beleive that Honda should get rid of the Acura line as well. Save the TSX and MDX. Get rid of the Ridgeline and Pilot and just go from there.

YOU SHOULD RUN FOR THE CEO OF HONDA:wink:

Aww we love our Ridgeline:frown:

YOU SHOULD RUN FOR THE CEO OF HONDA:wink:

I should. I would get rid of this stupid hydrogen research junk, buy Telsa motors for cheap and make a model called the civic city, which would be an all electric car that could get 150 miles from one charge and have a switch out battery that can be left at home and charged while the other one is in the car.

I would also create a halo car, but it will be an all electric car like the Telsa. That way you could create a great mid-rear enginesque looking car like the NSX. That would be ahead of the times. It doesn't have to beat the GT-R, just be a great sports car. It makes no sense to play the power game. Start ups are doing that to get attention. You have to be a smarter company and make something that "most" start ups can't do, which is alternate energy. Even better, Honda could have solar panels on the car to run the AC while the car is off, like the 929 did. The car could just be a really cool technical marvel that looks as good as the R8 but has the technology of the clarity.

I should. I would get rid of this stupid hydrogen research junk, buy Telsa motors for cheap and make a model called the civic city, which would be an all electric car that could get 150 miles from one charge and have a switch out battery that can be left at home and charged while the other one is in the car.

I would also create a halo car, but it will be an all electric car like the Telsa. That way you could create a great mid-rear enginesque looking car like the NSX. That would be ahead of the times. It doesn't have to beat the GT-R, just be a great sports car. It makes no sense to play the power game. Start ups are doing that to get attention. You have to be a smarter company and make something that "most" start ups can't do, which is alternate energy. Even better, Honda could have solar panels on the car to run the AC while the car is off, like the 929 did. The car could just be a really cool technical marvel that looks as good as the R8 but has the technology of the clarity.

Sorry but nastinupe1 doesn't have this kinda clout!
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/22/honda-could-move-headquarters-outside-of-japan/

Just to add along with Major... Fast forward to 3:12 if you want to skip the other stuff.
VTEC YO!!!

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOG1zNKu34s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOG1zNKu34s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back