• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Next Project: Ideal throttle body size?

Hey, Tim Bromley checking in on you. Good to see you did a new clutch - the old OEM clutch was a pile. Let me know what it looked like when you took it off. I'm interested if it looked burnt? When going slow in stop and go traffic it would overheat the clutch and it would start slipping. As soon as it cooled down it was fine again - weird.

I like what you're doing - a real pioneer effort with all this naturally aspirated stuff - that's just the way I'd want it if I had the where withall to take on a project like that. All the best! Am excited to see what happens when you get it all sorted out and how much additional power you generate but mostly what the seat of the pants feels like to you!

Keep up the good work. I love mods like this!

Hi Tim,

Never had a problem with the old clutch - I upgraded when I was able to pick up a 4.23/short-geared transmission for a reasonable price. I sold the OEM clutch and as far as I know that person has not had a problem with it. It did not look like it was in too bad of shape.

The intake manifold / throttle body project will hopefully be it for a while, but probably not...

Hey, Tim Bromley checking in on you. Good to see you did a new clutch - the old OEM clutch was a pile. Let me know what it looked like when you took it off. I'm interested if it looked burnt? When going slow in stop and go traffic it would overheat the clutch and it would start slipping. As soon as it cooled down it was fine again - weird.

I like what you're doing - a real pioneer effort with all this naturally aspirated stuff - that's just the way I'd want it if I had the where withall to take on a project like that. All the best! Am excited to see what happens when you get it all sorted out and how much additional power you generate but mostly what the seat of the pants feels like to you!

Keep up the good work. I love mods like this!

Any updates?

I love working with meticulous people. Here is a new throttle cable bracket designed from scratch for the Blox TB setup.

This lovely piece will be done in about 2 weeks, and then we are ready to begin testing.

Christmas is going to come about 2 weeks later than usual for me.

Still in the small tweaks stage.

We got a B-series TPS to work and then Nick had to:

(a) shave off a stub off the throttle body
(b) re-plumb one of the vacuum fittings from a straight to a 90-degree

The final thing we are working on is the throttle cable guide/bracket. So hopefully Nick will tell me tomorrow that we are done.

Back