• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nice Shell ad

Re: Ferrari / Shell Ad.

That was cool !!!

Shell was smart to use the racing cars. The junk they sell to the public would have required too many takes between repairs to make the commercial economically feasible. :biggrin:

Shell was smart to use the racing cars. The junk they sell to the public would have required too many takes between repairs to make the commercial economically feasible. :biggrin:

Shell gas is junk?

BTW, welcome back.

If you like Ferrari noise.....

Here's a link to a Shell commercial shown in Europe. Ostensibly they're selling gasoline, but the Ferrari's used in the video steal the show.

Ferrari pulled several of their race-cars from various ages out of storage, flew them around the world, and filmed them running through the streets of Rome, Rio, New York, Hong Kong and Monaco. No computer generated images - these are the original cars on the streets.

The best part is the sound - from the basso-profundo notes of the early, front-engine era, each scene cuts to a later and later generation, ending with the banshee-wail of a modern F1car. The sounds alone bring a tear to the eye. Even if you're not a gearhead, this video will stir the soul.

There's just something about 3 litres and 14,000 RPM that's music to my ears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_kwxzU4wL4&feature=related

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Re: If you like Ferrari noise.....

:cool: Thanks.

thanks, my nipples actually got hard towards the end :wink:

they should continually update it as they revise the F1 cars...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W9VsGjXkHeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W9VsGjXkHeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I think that was Superbowl commercial a few years back. {don't quote me on it} Yes it gave me goosebumps towards the end.

Nice video. Does anybody remember if Shell provided petrol during the years when Agip was lubrication sponsor? I think it was all Agip, but Shell could have still given fuel.

As for the engine noises, I was at the 3 US GPs at Phoenix (me and 7 other people) and saw the transition from the V-6 turbos to the V-12s. The scream of a 12 cylinder Ferrari is pretty awesome, one of the best sounds one will ever hear.

Miner

repost but I'll forgive you.

Last edited:
Nice, thanks for posting.

All the posts about the ad seem to have this stated...whether it's true or not who knows, still a cool commercial but maybe ten times more so if no CGI was used and the cars were real..

Here's a link to a Shell commercial shown in Europe. Ostensibly, they're selling gasoline, but the cars used in the video steal the show.

Ferrari pulled several of their race cars from various ages out of storage, flew them around the world, and filmed them running through the streets of Rome, Rio, New York, Hong Kong, Honolulu, and Monaco. No CGI -these are the original cars on the original streets.

The best part is the sound - from the basso-profundo notes of the early, front-engine era, each scene cuts to a later generation, ending with the wail of a modern F1 car.
The sounds alone bring a tear to the eye.

Even if you're not a gearhead, this video will stir the soul.

There's just something about 3 liters and 14,000 RPM !

great global marketing tool...

Def' a cool clip! :cool:

There's an ongoing past discussion w/ regards to this Shell/Ferrari advert' already here:

If you like Ferrari noise.....

And it was also linked here again:

Very Cool Shell-Ferrari Commercial

Please ask an off-topic mod' to merge all these threads, using

With that all said, my personal fav' moment was Rio-Rio-Rio! The view over Sugar Loaf, the boulevards, Copa Cabana. Just too surreal! :cool:

Ya know, it's a great ad for Shell but would've been better if it were used for the new 458.

Last edited:
Back