• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nitto NT 555, Toyo TS1, or Falken FK451

Just trying to get some opinions/comparisons on the three. Going with an 18/19 inch wheel combo. Not going for straight performance, just want some quality tires that are decently priced. Which ones have the least amount of road noise and which last the longest? Falkens seem to be the cheapest, but I hear the sizes are not always true, like the 275s are actually 265s? I will be using 215s up front and 275s rear. Thanks for any help.

in this order

Toyo T1s -> Nitto NT 555 -> Falken Fk451....thou I would never put a set of Falken on my nsx...Nittos only if it was the last tire brand on earth :D

So you prefer the kumhos over the others? How do those compare? I had the Ecsta Supras on my Supra and I didn't really like em too much. I wrecked my car in the rain running those too.

Toyo has a 500 MILE TRIAL OFFER. Check it out here. I used this offer on the Proxes4 and didn't like them, so I bought the Proxes T1-S and love them(not the NSX though). I figured I could return those if I didn't like them. No questions asked!

ANYTIME said:
Toyo has a 500 MILE TRIAL OFFER. Check it out here. I used this offer on the Proxes4 and didn't like them, so I bought the Proxes T1-S and love them(not the NSX though). I figured I could return those if I didn't like them. No questions asked!

Excellent thanks.

I have Toyo T1-S tires on my '91. They have lasted a long time so far (6000 miles and climbing, with a lot of tread left). However, they are very noisy on the road. I noticed it right away after installing them. Note: I haven't tracked them or driven them in the rain, so I can't comment on their quality in those regards.

Nittos only if it was the last tire brand on earth

hmmmm, just bought a set but havent tried them. what is the problem with them?

USpeed757 said:
So you prefer the kumhos over the others? How do those compare? I had the Ecsta Supras on my Supra and I didn't really like em too much. I wrecked my car in the rain running those too.

No i between the T1-s vs MX i would rather go toyo's. But i don't have a wholesale account w/ toyo.

you wrecked your car in the rain under what conditions? I doubt very much the tires actually caused the accident.

THonda said:
No i between the T1-s vs MX i would rather go toyo's. But i don't have a wholesale account w/ toyo.

you wrecked your car in the rain under what conditions? I doubt very much the tires actually caused the accident.

i think it was a combination of rain, semi-bald kumho tires and 650hp supra. i just changed lanes and hydroplaned a bit. i have kumhos on my lexus and i like em just fine.

THonda said:
I doubt very much the tires actually caused the accident.

I don't know of the circumstances of USpeed757's accident, but in most cases tires are actually a big factor in what otherwise would have been a mishap (vs an accident). You see, the extra $$$ one pays in tires might never be worth it except that 0.1% of time where better tires would have made the difference. It's just like insurance, one only finds how good/bad his insurer is when he really needs him... :(

I have been running Toyo T1-S on my NSX for the last 15k miles. I ate up the rears in 6k or less, but that was with H&Rs and -3.5 degrees of camber in the rear. Since I have switched to Eibachs I expect them to last around 15k.

I have done 3 track days on the Toyos, and find them to be acceptable, if not great.

I think they are a great choice for a value high performance tire.

I had Toyo t1s on my CL's and I thougt they were crap. The side tread was shaved clean after about 5k with some serious driving through the twisties. Didn't even grip that well for me. just my .02

Toyo's

I hated the Toyo's I had. They were soft with a sloppy turn-in at fiirst, but soon became very hard and noisy, the side walls showed so much cracking I was afraid to drive on them any longer. I switched to Michelin P/S and really like them($$$). Why not try the Goodyear F1-GSD3's from Tirerack if you want a nice priced tire.

Re: Toyo's

jdryley said:
I hated the Toyo's I had. They were soft with a sloppy turn-in at fiirst, but soon became very hard and noisy, the side walls showed so much cracking I was afraid to drive on them any longer. I switched to Michelin P/S and really like them($$$). Why not try the Goodyear F1-GSD3's from Tirerack if you want a nice priced tire.

I dont think they have the 215/35/18 fronts in that model. The choices are somewhat limited with 18/19 inch combo.

Macster said:
Go with Bridgestone S-03's. Often cheaper than the T1-S and better. Like Apapada said, don't skimp on tires.

Just like the others above, I don't think they have those in 215/35/18.

Back