• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nitto Tires...

Hi Guys, I would like to ask if anyone has tried the Nitto 555 series tires, and what driving impressions were had by them. I am looking at 17" 's all around and this fits my size requirements. Any info on how this stacks up would be apprecitaed. Thanks in advance.

Nitto

My NSX had Nitto 555 Extreme on it when I purchased it about 14 months ago. I have not driven a NSX with any other tire.

I have 225 x 40 x 17 on the front and 285 x 35 x 18 on the rear.
When looking for possible replacements I realized why they used Nitto's. You can get a wider tire in Nitto than most of the other brands.

I did track the car one time and found that they are sensitive to air pressure. I felt they did OK after adjusting tire pressure.
I hope this helps some. If you have any questions e-mail me or I can give you my phone number if you like.

Gale

I've been running Nittos for the last 7 yrs. Over time, I've had a couple crack in the middle on the backside of the tire with a crack usually about 12" or so. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure what causes this but it always seems like this mysterious crack comes about.

IMHO;
They are great when new. They hook up well in the dry and have pretty stiff sidewalls. However, once you get to half worn, they are noisy and downright scary in the wet, will break away without warning, and lose all hydroplaning resistance. This was on my C320 using 235/35/19f, 265/30/19r. A tire you should seriously consider is the Eagle F1 GS-D3. They have great response/handling/wear. Check out the Tire Rack for reviews and pricing; they were ranked #1 with over 6 million mile reported, until the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 came out.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

Back