• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NM Road Runners at NAPA Speedway

Today, three of us New Mexico NSX Road Runners had the NAPA Speedway all to ourselves. For $50 each, we were able to track our cars on the 1.7 mi road course. Each of us had our own agenda, but a fun experience was had by all.

The attached track map shows just how technical this course is. We have some hairpin turns, some fast sweeping turns, several elevation changes, and two nice straights. We find it very enjoyable in learning just how capable our cars are. The NSX does have lots of mechanical grip! As for me, I am still learning how best to use that grip.

We have also discovered another aspect of NSX ownership. While it is fun to display our NSX's at car shows, or go driving in the scenic mountains of the Southwest, a morning at the track driving competitively adds a whole new level of appreciation for our fine cars. I can only hope that more owners discover how well balanced the NSX is. But to do that you have to get your car out of the garage and onto the track.

Philippe

Attachments

• 20a270357ddee89d880d4a001b1ecb2a.jpg
    20a270357ddee89d880d4a001b1ecb2a.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I had a great day at the track. Fellow roadrunners,Thanks for going.

Today I got a ride in a tall four door Subaru WRX (with child seat included in the back). We were screeching around all over the place! It was fun!........NSX, Stuck to the line.

With the experience as a passenger in the Subie, and driving the NSX around the track, I understand more about the handling, grip and stability of our AWESOME NSX.
I am working on my own mental ability learning the track and gaining knowledge of high performance driving. It's also a very physical endeavor (racing).
This small technical track is great practice. No time for the brain to wander off.

The others out there said, "Man! That car is planted!
I love it. Can anyone say....... HOOKED!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I took the track pic and added red arrows indicating the two straights.

The green, black and silver NSX's in the pic are the ones that participated today. sorry, no other pics.

Great fun guys! See you all soon.

=DREW=

I am so glad that we have this track close to us and at a very affordable price. Drew and Philippe are just great guys to hang out with. Both of there cars are SC so they are very fast. This track will let us get to know just how good these cars are. I also had a chance to do a ride along in the WRX. The most amazing thing about the car were the brakes. They we outstanding. Was a fun day. Thanks guys.

Back