• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No Comment

IMG_0317.jpg

nats-minisx-2-600.jpg

http://news.windingroad.com/afterma...s-soooo-beat-nats-minisx-at-tokyo-auto-salon/

veilside's newest release... the FORTUNE ROADSTER model!!!! :biggrin:

Its the Honda Beat. Honda's other MR car. I dont recall if this was a JDM model only, or if it was available in Europe and/or other Asian countries.

Hmm...never even heard of the Beat.

From WikiP:

Cool...
-The Beat became the last car to be approved by Soichiro Honda before he died in 1992.
-The design of the car originated from Pininfarina, who then sold the design plan to Honda, and then in turn sold it on MG Rover who then used it to build the MG F.
-The Beat has lettering running down the sides proclaiming "Midship Amusement", a rather "Engrish" phrase referring to the fun handling of mid-engined cars.

-j-

I have seen the Honda Beat in person several times before. It is tiny.

beat_02.jpg

top_img.jpg

Another similar car is Suzuki Cappuccino:
2_bigphoto.jpg

So there's the answer for those who wants a convertible NSX. Probably much cheaper to get.:biggrin:

I saw a couple of those when I lived in Japan back in 1994. As I recall they weren't very fast but they were supposedly fun to drive. I recall seeing one young man just hauling ass in a bright red one in and out of traffic outside of Roppongi (sp?). Neat car, IMO.

its so cute....mini nsx woo hoo....the high school kids would love that :smile:

lower the roof, make it a hardtop, add a K20 engine in it and I would buy it in a sec.

Back