• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No NSX at Bay area Dealer Show Acura Booth!!!

I want to the Tampa Bay Auto Dealers show at the convention center and there wasn't an NSX. Acura had a booth with every other car available. I figured no big deal the NSX is likely just in the exotic car room... WRONG! Acura actually didn't bring the NSX to the show. Can anyone explain why they would do this. The show was attended by over 100,000 people and most are car nuts. Why would you not highlight your most technically capable car. Any ideas?

Our local dealer , Acura of Boston got rid of their silver 2002 ( sold? ) but however they managed to pull a red 02 from someother Acuras for the Boston Auto show 2 weeks ago..
and I took some pix of it .. ha

If there wasn't one there...it's fine by me. The less number of people that are interested in NSX, the less expensive NSX's will be for us to buy them...and all the more rare they will be on the road. Silver lining?

Originally posted by tewills:
If there wasn't one there...it's fine by me. The less number of people that are interested in NSX, the less expensive NSX's will be for us to buy them...and all the more rare they will be on the road. Silver lining?

The dark cloud to your silver lining is that if the NSX market continues to shrink, it will lose what little aftermarket support there is, there will be even fewer experienced NSX mechanics, and eventually the car will be discontinued by the factory (I am amazed it hasn't already).

Oh wow, I thought you were talking about SF bay area car show. Which starts tomorrow at the Moscone Center, I'm sure they will have a new NSX, they have just about every thing else.

------------------
Joseph Gavazza
99 White/blk NSX
92 Lexus LS400
01 VW GTI VR6

tchaic,
I attended the very same show at the convention center last year and was disappointed to find that there was no NSX on display. They had a framed poster that was about 36x24...that's it. Oh well, I drove home and found one to look at in the garage!

i was told that Ferman was the dealer showing the Acura cars and they sold there 2002 red nsx and that is why it didn't show up otherwise it would have

The funny part of the NSX not being at the Tampa show, was the fact that they only used a picture of the new NSX in the pre-announcement adds in the newspaper!

Bob

From the Left Coast Bay Area International Car Show:

DSC00291.JPG

Back