• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No power to CCU, Cig lighter, Map lights, or rear defrost

OK- I dont have a #3 fuse in the under dash fuse box. the little plastic flap is blank for that spot. and the fuses in my main fuse box arent numbered. they just say what they are for and the amperage rating. Map lights do not illuminate in any of the OFF DOOR or ON positions. They DO come on if left on DOOR mode and the door is opened. If I turn on my parking lights, I get illuminated lights on the CCU, and at the ring around the cigarette lighter. everything works except the cigarette lighter itself, the actual controls of the CCU, the rear defrost button on the steering column, and map lights when operated by their buttons and not as part of the door open lighting. Ideas? I already checked fuse #4 in the under dash fuse box (10A) and it was fine.

ninja edit: car is a 1992

- - - Updated - - -

Update: fuse #15 is good, 9 and 12 are good. replaced #4, and got my CCU and rear defogger back.

Still cant get map lights to function properly, still no power to cigarette lighter.

- - - Updated - - -

after more delving into this issue, it appears as though in the OFF and ON position, or DOOR while doors are closed, the circuit uses the mounting bolts as their grounding points. so consider the dome light issue solved. STILL not getting power from the cigarette lighter though..

Last edited:
I have been trying to figure out why my cigarette lighter doesn't work in my 93 either. All of my fuses were good...everything else (electronically) works inside my car. When I tested the wires behind the cig lighter, 1 of them was getting power.

I know that's not of any help to you, but, I share your frustration.

I have been trying to figure out why my cigarette lighter doesn't work in my 93 either. All of my fuses were good...everything else (electronically) works inside my car. When I tested the wires behind the cig lighter, 1 of them was getting power.

I know that's not of any help to you, but, I share your frustration.

I could just be that the 20 year old lighter finally crapped out.

Back