• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NO power!!

I've had this before, but i thought it was a fluke.

Now i'd be driving the car hard for a couple of hours and then suddenly seems there's no boost. I'd hit the gas and no power. I was thinking it was the belt getting loose, but that's not the case. I would hit the gas back & forth and just no boost. I'm thinking the throttle by wire is messed up somehow. Then i'd go home, let it cool down, get back in the car later, and all seems fine.
Now i have the 9lb kit with the AEM. Any ideas?:confused:

do you have a boost gauge? if not put one in line with a peak record function, or data log with your aem hooked up to your laptop computer and check out what is going on. you should check the timing, fuel pressure, MAP readings, IAT's etc...

You got the updated harness for the AEM right? When you say no power, what are the rpm characteristics at that point? Does it seem like N/A at that point or worse? Perhaps limp mode?

Wheelman said:
You got the updated harness for the AEM right? When you say no power, what are the rpm characteristics at that point? Does it seem like N/A at that point or worse? Perhaps limp mode?

Seems limp mode. Updated harness???
The rpm seem to go up realy slow, not like NA, just slow as i floor it.

pull the clock fuse to try resetting the stock ecu

Yes, did you buy the AEM from DynoMike at Autowave? He updated the harness which would eliminate the stock computer from seeing boost. The stock computer would close the throttle and not give you any power. How long ago did you buy your unit? The new replacement harness got rid of any bugs.

Wheelman said:
Yes, did you buy the AEM from DynoMike at Autowave? He updated the harness which would eliminate the stock computer from seeing boost. The stock computer would close the throttle and not give you any power. How long ago did you buy your unit? The new replacement harness got rid of any bugs.

Sounds strange that would happen though after a couple of hours of driving. If there is an issue with the harness, from my expereince, it happens only at 7500+ RPM and happens all the time. Not after 2 two hours of hard driving.

Mine did all of a sudden after 4 days of driving it at a couple of hours each. Everything was ok (I thought) until it just started acting up and closing the throttle.

Well, i fortunately DO have the udpated wire harness per Mike @ autowave. WE're thinking it might just be the actual AEM box, so i'm trying to get hold of Shad @ Dynamic Ambitions to help me out. We'll just have to wait i guess, darn!!!:frown:

RAVN NSX said:
Well, i fortunately DO have the udpated wire harness per Mike @ autowave. WE're thinking it might just be the actual AEM box, so i'm trying to get hold of Shad @ Dynamic Ambitions to help me out. We'll just have to wait i guess, darn!!!:frown:

I would suggest you stay with Mike (Autowave) to resolve this issue since he is the one that made the harness/AEM for you.

As always Mike is welcome to use our shop for your repairs. (Apex)

Last edited:
Back