• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No UFC predictions?

I believe that Chuck L. will beat Shogun in round 2. Considering how bad of a performance he had against Mark Coleman. And I am leaning toward Anderson Silva for the victory in the 3rd round.

I agree with you there man. Shogun's conditioning seems suspect ever since he and his brother showed up in the UFC. In fact I don't think his bro Ninja is in the UFC anymore. Lidell wins unless he totally f's up.

Spider's last fight was a little off. If he repeats, he might be in for some trouble. But if he fight like the Spider of old, easy win.

Man, I got food poisoning yesterday which is keeping me at home tonight. I really wanted to see this one. I'll have to watch them in the morning.

I'm taking Rua and the Spider.

I guess the silva fight sucked. Anyone have any video links? You guys always come through.... :biggrin:

No UFC predictions?
I predict a large number of knuckle-dragging Neaderthals will reach orgasm watching a couple of sweaty subhumans kick the crap out of each other.

I also predict that I will weep realizing that this is what passes for entertainment in the 21st century.

Furthermore, I predict that I will be flamed mercilessly for this post.

Here's a smiley -> :smile: to make it all better.

Just saw it, I don't know what the big deal was. It was a strategic fight and I saw even more accuracy from Silva than before. Leitas as outclassed and didn't belong in there with Silva. The problem is there is no one to really challenge Silva.

Even though I picked Rua, I can't help but feel sad for Chuck. He's still one of the top fighters in the world, but he's just getting to that point where it's getting harder, he still wants it but his body is not there.

He's already accomplished a lot, and not just for himself, but for the whole UFC organization. I hope he retires and stays retired, unlike Randy. Even though he's lost four of the last five, he'll still be remembered as a winner if he chooses to retire now and spares himself the further agony. He's too far down to get a shot at the title again.

Silva needs to lose one so he can get fired up again and put on some good fights.

I predict a large number of knuckle-dragging Neaderthals will reach orgasm watching a couple of sweaty subhumans kick the crap out of each other.

I also predict that I will weep realizing that this is what passes for entertainment in the 21st century.

I take it you don't watch American Football either?

:) :)

Flaminio, I like a lot of your posts and you don't have to put on a smiley face for me to make it better. Nor does your post make me upset at all because that is your view of MMA. I think however you have to understand that not everyone is out wanting to see hurt, pain, and blood. This silva fight is a perfect example, where I watch for technique and the skills of a fighter. I don't ever want anyone to be hurt in the ring. Most fighters respect each other, and they go in there because they are passionate about it. This isn't like animal fighting or like gladiators. The fighters make a concious decision to be in there, they do what they do and at the end hug each other and leave.

I have competed in fights with some of my closest friends. It's no different than when we play a game of basketball with each other. We fight and afterwards we go to lunch together. We talk about what mistakes I thought he made and he tells me what mistakes I made. Is it really hard for you to understand this?

Even though I picked Rua, I can't help but feel sad for Chuck. He's still one of the top fighters in the world, but he's just getting to that point where it's getting harder, he still wants it but his body is not there.

He's already accomplished a lot, and not just for himself, but for the whole UFC organization. I hope he retires and stays retired, unlike Randy. Even though he's lost four of the last five, he'll still be remembered as a winner if he chooses to retire now and spares himself the further agony. He's too far down to get a shot at the title again.

Silva needs to lose one so he can get fired up again and put on some good fights.

I lot of chuck's popularity came because of his persona, he is an American fighter with a strange haircut and he could make a nice mean looking face. He was a striker and that is what typical non-trained fans associate with the most. Although I consider him a good striker and a person that was outstanding at avoiding takedowns, he never was a very skilled ground fighter. That to me is one dimensional, and so I never considered him one of the best in the world. A lot of UFC fans didn't see his weaknesses in pride, and a lot of fans also don't have the knowledge to identify what is truly going on in a fight. For them, perhaps Chuck was the perfect fighter, for me he was consistently very good but not great. As an example he fought Murilo Bustamante, a fighter who was much more skilled than chuck, but in the UFC chuck got the close decision. I felt at the time even many of the judges didn't have the necessary knowldege to be in the position of judge. To all my MMA fighter (not watcher) friends, Bustamante won that fight.

not flamed bob.....your from CA..we expect views like this.

FWIW this form of "entertainment" has been around since the days of the Romans :cool:

I lot of chuck's popularity came because of his persona, he is an American fighter with a strange haircut and he could make a nice mean looking face. He was a striker and that is what typical non-trained fans associate with the most. Although I consider him a good striker and a person that was outstanding at avoiding takedowns, he never was a very skilled ground fighter. That to me is one dimensional, and so I never considered him one of the best in the world. A lot of UFC fans didn't see his weaknesses in pride, and a lot of fans also don't have the knowledge to identify what is truly going on in a fight. For them, perhaps Chuck was the perfect fighter, for me he was consistently very good but not great. As an example he fought Murilo Bustamante, a fighter who was much more skilled than chuck, but in the UFC chuck got the close decision. I felt at the time even many of the judges didn't have the necessary knowldege to be in the position of judge. To all my MMA fighter (not watcher) friends, Bustamante won that fight.

I'm far from a "non-trained fan" but I'd still prefer to watch Chuck over some overly-technical guy who's in there only to try and submit someone. Fighters who always try to take the fight to the ground, or who only try to go for a submission every time, are just as one-dimensional as you say Chuck is, in a different way of course. Chuck is aggressive and likes to chase people around the cage. That scores you points. Prancing around the ring, eating shots while waiting for that one perfect submission opportunity does not score points, nor does it win fights, nor does it make for an interesting fight. Of course, some guys are good at it, but some guys just plain suck. I'm not gonna name names.

I realize chuck is not the best, but he's definitely one of the best. He has (had) his own way of winning fights and there is nothing wrong with that, winning is all that counts.

Now Silva, he's awesome but becoming *very* boring.

Just saw it, I don't know what the big deal was. It was a strategic fight and I saw even more accuracy from Silva than before. Leitas as outclassed and didn't belong in there with Silva. The problem is there is no one to really challenge Silva.

it's b/c people have no common sense about it...they expected him to go and knock him out...when a lucky punch could be thrown and knock him out (see kimbo slice) he fought a smart fight, Leitas should never get a title shot for a LONG ass time!

Until Silva knocks out GSP, the doubters will hate on

it's b/c people have no common sense about it...they expected him to go and knock him out...when a lucky punch could be thrown and knock him out (see kimbo slice) he fought a smart fight, Leitas should never get a title shot for a LONG ass time!

Until Silva knocks out GSP, the doubters will hate on

Silva vs GSP. GSP won't keep falling on his ass like a pussy. I don't think Dana White has much choice in the matter after last night's fight. He has to bring someone with some flair to fight Silva. He's owes it to Silva and the fans.

I'm far from a "non-trained fan" but I'd still prefer to watch Chuck over some overly-technical guy who's in there only to try and submit someone. Fighters who always try to take the fight to the ground, or who only try to go for a submission every time, are just as one-dimensional as you say Chuck is, in a different way of course. Chuck is aggressive and likes to chase people around the cage. That scores you points. Prancing around the ring, eating shots while waiting for that one perfect submission opportunity does not score points, nor does it win fights, nor does it make for an interesting fight. Of course, some guys are good at it, but some guys just plain suck. I'm not gonna name names.

I realize chuck is not the best, but he's definitely one of the best. He has (had) his own way of winning fights and there is nothing wrong with that, winning is all that counts.

Now Silva, he's awesome but becoming *very* boring.

I agree Chuck is agressive and that is always good.

How'd that work out for the Romans, anyway? :biggrin:

Its nothing like that at all. I already explained it in my post above specifically bringing that up. It's a bad comparison. The only common thing is that there are and always will be idiots in the audience. That is all.

Last edited:
Man, MacDonald really got stomped....

Back