• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No wipers, what to do?

Since I had my car completely repainted the old damaged wiper arms/blades were discarded.

Right now I do not have any wipers on the car.

I priced them through Acura and it was over $400 to replace them (with blades).

I thought that to be insane.

I actually think the car looks better without them but I am worried about getting caught in the rain.

I applied Rain-X to the windshield. This was the first time I ever used Rain-X and I have not "tested" it yet.

Is that all I need to go wiperless or am I asking for trouble?

Had my blades replaced last month at Gold Coast Accura in Oxnard, California for $20.00.

I've taken mine off and I really do like the way the car looks without the wipers. I also use Rain-X and it does a great job of allowing you to see out the windshield while raining; however, if the rain is light or you are not moving fast enough to have the rain water pushed off the windshield, then you'll have a little problem.

The rainy season is almost over here in California and we won't have to worry about rain until October or so :D

the only thing I don't like about rain-x is after I have applied it and attempt to use my wipers, they sometimes stick and aren't smooth anymore. I thought it would be the opposite.

AaronR said:
Litesokneecough, I love that avitar
:p

Aaron

Thanks Aaron

I know that color combo is pretty rare so I'd thought I'd show it off. I've yet to see (in person) another NSX with that color combo, even in all the pictures that other NSX'rs post, especially group get-together. Makes me feel I have a pretty special car, oh yeah, I guess I do.....it's an NSX :D

Nsxotic said:
What color combo is that.......... silver/black is not so strange. :confused:

Sounds like somebody didn't bother to read Litesokneecough's sig at the end of his posts...

nsxtasy said:
Sounds like somebody didn't bother to read Litesokneecough's sig at the end of his posts...
I have the sigs and avatars turned off to speed up reading, don't you?

Periokid[/i] [B]Since I had my car completely repainted the old damaged wiper arms/blades were discarded.[/B][/QUOTE] If it was repainted due to an accident said:
Had my blades replaced last month at Gold Coast Accura in Oxnard, California for $20.00.

Periokid is referring to the replacement of the wiper arm (the metal part that goes from the base of the windshield to the middle of the wiper blade, ~$165 list per side), the wiper blade assembly (the metal piece that extends the length of the wiper blade and holds the rubber wiper, ~$55-80 list per side), and the wiper blade insert (the rubber piece itself, ~$4 list per side). You (Dtrigg) replaced only the wiper blade insert, which costs ~$4 per side and is a fairly easy do-it-yourself job.

Back