• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NOC sensor problem with Turbo, PLEASE HELP!

I was at the tuner last night. While he was tuning he said he could hear a ticking noise around 3000-4000rpm. The noc went to just over 25%, and what I noticed on the road test was that it would cut out the timing. He put a base tune, 11:5 A/F, timing was very low at 12 or 13 degrees, and there is plenty of fuel left over. The tuner said that the noc sensor maybe going off due to the lost motion assembly, but its not for sure. Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone please advise me what to do, I have already called the dealer and will be taking it in on Monday.

Regards,

Need more info to help. Are you using a AEM, if so post the log with the knock, PRM, AFR, and Timing.

If you are not using an AEM how are you recording knock.

Dave

Most Knock sensors and the ones in our cars are a Pizzeo based tranducer tuned for a certain freq. There is a possibility that the LMA are making the same or similar sound to the ECU, but with out looking at the logs and trying to figure things out this is going to be hard. I have sent you a PM.

Dave

Back