• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

noise after lowering the car

hey guys,

I installed the tein monoflex yesterday and now im hearing a "clunk clunk" noise coming from what it seems like the transmission and i can only hear it while accelerating.

I lifted the car today and had a look but i can´t hear any noisem only on the street when i apply load to the engine....i did however raised the car 1 cm as it was scraping a lot on the driveway and it got a little bit better (less noise)

Is this a normal thing? should i be worried

tks!

First, are the coilovers used? Could be a bad top.

Camber kit? Could be a noisy camber kit issue.

Lastly, check to see if the top bolt on the struts are tightened all the way. Today my car started making some suspension noise. It got worse after a few minutes. I pulled over and sure enough the bolt had become loose.

Lastly, check your sway bar end links.

Good luck,

Noise is not normal at all! Are these coil overs new? I would double check each and every nut/bolt you touched. Is the large nut at the top by the rstb tight? The one in the center of the 3 nuts. Did you tighten all of the nuts with the suspension loaded (i.e. jack under car lifting up on lower control arm)? This would not make noise, more of just an fyi.

Try driving up and down your street in 1st gear and then backing up in reverse. Hitting the brakes to see if anything is shifting. I would not drive the car too much until you figure this out.

Good luck!

the coils are brand new and i´m not running a camber kit.

as for the bolt on the shock itself i haven´t touched that one, i assume they came properly tightned from tein lol

the coils are brand new and i´m not running a camber kit.

as for the bolt on the shock itself i haven´t touched that one, i assume they came properly tightned from tein lol

Don't assume. Tighten it. You will need to use the proper allen key to do so. Now that it's mounted, it might be difficult to do. Or use an impact....carefully. :smile:

if the shock was loose shouldnt i hear the noise louder on bad roads? i mean if im doing for example 30 or 40 and i put it in neutral it stops doing the noise doesnt matter the condition of the road.

Like I said, it could be a number of things. If a shop installed it, I'd suggest taking it back to them and asking them to diagnose it.

I had my sway bar end links making noise before. They loosen these when doing suspension, so it could be that, among again, many things.

So try the shop and do a little investigating. Process of elimination. :smile:

Do the monoflex have the bearing issue where it clanks when hitting bumps? I know the older models do....

Back