• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Noise Restrictions at Lime Rock Park?

I heard there are noise restrictions at Lime Rock. I am running with the BMW club on the 25th and was wondering if anyone knew if I would have any problems with noise. I have headers, cat back and by-pass pipes (all Comptech). Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Lime Rock's decibel limit is 89. They are fairly diligent about checking it at each event and one of the main "checkpoints" is at the bottom of the downhill.

I think that check is done from a point on the track so there is no way for me to know if I'm safe unless someone has been able to run a similar setup.

Your set up will probably hit 102-103 db at WOT and depending on wind direction. My 98-T with only Cantrell AIS and stock headers/exhaust hits about 92 db just below the black flag warning at Laguna Seca.

I was black flagged for noise at lrp with taitec gtlw and test pipes so I used the silencers which worked,that and feathering the throttle down the hill:wink:

Is it 89db, FAQ states 85db.. wow either way that is awefully restrictive, might wish to revert to stock or install silencers/turn down pipes for that event to be safe.

To think I was complaining about a meat ball on our 103db limit once last year. Ouch, any local 'activism opportunities' to remind local residents that they are living near a race track, not a library? :eek:

Last edited:
Is it 89db, FAQ states 85db.. wow either way that is awefully restrictive, might wish to revert to stock or install silencers/turn down pipes for that event to be safe.

To think I was complaining about a meat ball on our 103db limit once last year. Ouch, any local 'activism opportunities' to remind local residents that they are living near a race track, not a library? :eek:

Lime Rock's "muffled" events are 89db but they do have unmuffled events for experienced drivers:

The Sports Car Driving Association, LLC is pleased to announce that we have seven events at Lime Rock Park in 2007! The SCDA will be at Lime Rock Park on March 26, March 27 Unmuffled, Experienced Drivers Only, June 19 Unmuffled, Experienced drivers only, June 22, June 23, September 4 Unmuffled, Experienced drivers only, and November 2. This 1.53 facility is a roller coaster ride that deserves its nickname as the Road Racing Center of the East. From the challenging uphill, to the fast 90 degree West Bend turn, to the exhilarating downhill turn - this track has it all. These events sell out quickly, and registration is handled on a first come, first served basis. Mark your calendar now for these Lime Rock SCDA track days! To Clarify, Events at Lime Rock Park on 3/26, 6/22, 6/23, and 11/2 are our "usual" SCDA events. They are muffled to 89dB and are geared towards all skill level drivers, from Novice to Advanced. The Lime Rock Park events on 3/27, 6/19, and 9/4 are Unmuffled Events, designed for Intermediate Level or higher drivers, that DO NOT require in car Instruction.

Cool screen name and avatar combimation.

you talkin to me? if so thanks

i'm bummed, its actually my brothers car but he bought it with the aftermarket exhaust so going back to stock isnt an option. what are turn down pipes? is there a project that installs in an existing exhaust to muffle it?

Can you fit silencers on your setup like DocJohn did? If you can, you won't even have to worry about "feathering the throttle" in the downhill like DocJohn because you won't be carrying as much as speed this early in your HPDE career.

you talkin to me? if so thanks

i'm bummed, its actually my brothers car but he bought it with the aftermarket exhaust so going back to stock isnt an option. what are turn down pipes? is there a project that installs in an existing exhaust to muffle it?

Turn down tips mount-over or replace your existing exhaust tips, and point the exhaust output down towards the ground. This often has the effect of mitigating the reading at a sound level meter to an extent.

Back