• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Noisy Targas

If you're hearing body noises from your Targa, Kindly check out my discovery ( Topic Awareness) while washing the car after 5 years on the Midwest Forum St. Louis Ownership thread from yesterday. Could not believe the difference it made. Have never seen a reference to this on the site and thought we'd pass along. Maybe better just to upload the pic. LMK how many of you are missing the tab covers shown on the hinge in black. Perhaps they just decay and fall off. Would be interesting. We've found 3 so far.

Just reminded of the fact, that if you're OCD on fit and finish, like most of us, this will help. Ha Ha. It raises the cabin side of the trunk lid to match the body. (Thanks TY) Just a few additions to clarify
Blessings,
Don
attachment.php

Attachments

• nsx trunk tab.jpg
    nsx trunk tab.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
74826-SL0-000
However, on the later model (I think around 97+), the design of hinge/tab was changed to prevent this rubber protector from falling off so the owners have better chance of not losing it like with the early models.

If it's already missing, try look inside the drain channel located at the forward section of that hinge.
You may be able to find the missing rubber there.

Kaz

74826-SL0-000
However, on the later model (I think around 97+), the design of hinge/tab was changed to prevent this rubber protector from falling off so the owners have better chance of not losing it like with the early models.

If it's already missing, try look inside the drain channel located at the forward section of that hinge.
You may be able to find the missing rubber there.

Kaz

Hi Kaz,

I have found many in that area over the years. Even though I stock them, I do typically find the originals in the drain area:)

Regards,
LarryB

That's a hell of a Saturday night ...looking for a missing rubber inside drain channels...:eek:

is this only on one side or both?

Both trunk hinge feet. You'd be amazed at what a little rubber does to the fit and finish look. See the St. Louis thread.

Y'all might think that this boy has totally lost it. I'm a nut for noise. Found two worn fender clips that when I touched them during a wash job yesterday, found one prong missing and they fell out. Replaced with OEM and viola' the noise I had been hearing near the glove box since I bought the car was gone. Could not believe it. Think that I will replace all of the fender clips, most of which are original ( 20 year old polypropylene subjected to Florida sun and humidity and Boston winter temps, makes sense) and probably just as worn. Cheap fix to get rid of noise as someone has a bag of 50 for cheap somewhere. We'll see what happens and I'll feedback what we find for what it's worth.
Anyone else as OCD on noises?

Y'all might think that this boy has totally lost it. I'm a nut for noise. Found two worn fender clips that when I touched them during a wash job yesterday, found one prong missing and they fell out. Replaced with OEM and viola' the noise I had been hearing near the glove box since I bought the car was gone. Could not believe it. Think that I will replace all of the fender clips, most of which are original ( 20 year old polypropylene subjected to Florida sun and humidity and Boston winter temps, makes sense) and probably just as worn. Cheap fix to get rid of noise as someone has a bag of 50 for cheap somewhere. We'll see what happens and I'll feedback what we find for what it's worth.
Anyone else as OCD on noises?

I picked up my latest NSX and was surprised at how quiet the car was. No rattles, no squeaks.

Well that lasted 45 days. I have been driving the mean streets of Chicago and I guess these potholes will stress out the rubber to the point of going missing I guess. I will go and look to see what I can replace on mine to get the noise back to whisper quiet.

I grew up in Chicago during the first Daley administration, went to Lane Tech, and TOTALLY UNDERSTAND the pothole situation. Not sure if new fender clips will help. As my mechanic said, "turn up the stereo". Kidding of course, but these little things really amaze me, like the first part of this post. Hope that all is well with you all up there, what I wouldn't give for a Superdawg, or a loaf of Limpa bread from Little Sweden or pizza at Riggios in Niles. I think I have a half loaf still in the freezer from earlier this year after visiting Lincoln Park and heading North on the drive. The Klairmont museum is awesome, as is Volo.

I grew up in Chicago during the first Daley administration, went to Lane Tech, and TOTALLY UNDERSTAND the pothole situation. Not sure if new fender clips will help. As my mechanic said, "turn up the stereo". Kidding of course, but these little things really amaze me, like the first part of this post. Hope that all is well with you all up there, what I wouldn't give for a Superdawg, or a loaf of Limpa bread from Little Sweden or pizza at Riggios in Niles. I think I have a half loaf still in the freezer from earlier this year after visiting Lincoln Park and heading North on the drive. The Klairmont museum is awesome, as is Volo.

So, I live about 6 blocks from Lane Tech. I know many of the places/things you reference. It is truly a great city. Volo is in my neighborhood (Roscoe Village.)

Back