• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Northeast NSXPO 2004 caravan plans

It is time to start organizing a caravan/caravans for the trip to NSXPO at the Glen.

I will be heading up on Wednesday in order to be available while Peter is instructing with Trackmasters on Thursday. If anyone is planning on coming up Wednesday night, please let me know and we can go together.

If anyone is planning on being early on Thursday and intend to stop by the track, you must be on a guest list. Please contact Peter to be included for that day. However, please respect the fact that Peter will be extremely busy with a Novice school that day and will not be available to give rides to anyone. However, all are welcome to observe but I just wanted to make sure that Peter will be able to focus on his responsibilities to his students that day.

For those coming up Thursday, we need to have someone volunteer to be the contact person in coordinating a group or groups. Miled is one contact for at least one caravan originating at JFK airport in the early afternoon on Thursday. I would appreciate if someone would take the lead in organizing the Thursday caravan/caravans and have the details posted in this thread.

Additional preliminary caravan info may be found on the official NSXPO webpage at http://www.nsxpo.com/2004/lodging.htm

Thank you.

Bob,

It appears that Karen and I will be able to attend NSXPO :):):) Unfortunately we won't be able to stay for the track events but at least we get to see all our friends during the weekend!!

Anyway, I would be more than happy to be a contact person for Thursday’s caravan up to the Glen. I will be leaving sometime around noon. I will organize a meeting point on the Thruway North at the Sloatsburg rest stop. This is perfect for anyone coming up from NJ, NYC, and areas of PA.

Miled is arranging a caravan coming from the NYC area, I will try to coordinate with him so that his caravan meets up with us at the rest stop.

Here are the details (I can change them if need be)

Meeting place:
Sloatsburg Rest Area, Thruway Northbound (just past I287)

Time:
around noon (this will become more firm in a few hours)

Contact Info:
John & Karen
[email protected]
973-729-5567 (home)
908-239-1850 (cell)
973-606-3782 (work)

***Please write me an Email if you plan on meeting up with Karen at this meeting place

Attachments

• ThruwayMap.jpg
    ThruwayMap.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
I am sort of driving with the Miled caravan, but since it may not be legal for me to drive my NSX in the state of PA, I plan to meet him at the PA/NY border near Binghamton, NY
smile.gif

Tony, say what? Anywho if I can get away from work I will make every effort to head up Wed night.If I do I will be at the track assisting our nsxca instructer corps get around.

jadkar said:
It appears that Karen and I will be able to attend NSXPO :):):) Unfortunately we won't be able to stay for the track events but at least we get to see all our friends during the weekend!!

Anyway, I would be more than happy to be a contact person for Thursday’s caravan up to the Glen. I will be leaving sometime around noon. I will organize a meeting point on the Thruway North at the Sloatsburg rest stop. This is perfect for anyone coming up from NJ, NYC, and areas of PA.
[/b]

Glad to hear you guys can make it. Thanks for volunteering with the caravan.

Not sure when I'm heading up yet, but I have blocked out Wednesday for travel. Figuring there will be lots to do on Thursday to get organized for the opening of registration that evening.

I plan to head up via the PA route, up I-81 to Rt 17 in Binghamton NY so meeting up with RSO probably doesn't make any sense.

81-17 is my route as well.If I do leave on wed it will be after dark.

I'll be heading up around noon time Thursday, from the Westchester area, I'd be more than willing to head up a caravan, or merge one with John and Karen. I head up 684 to 84 to 81 to 17, so with that being said, anyone interested, I hope to keep all my tires on their rims!!

RSO 34 said:
...For those coming up Thursday, we need to have someone volunteer to be the contact person in coordinating a group or groups. Miled is one contact for at least one caravan originating at JFK airport in the early afternoon on Thursday. I would appreciate if someone would take the lead in organizing the Thursday caravan/caravans and have the details posted in this thread.

Thank you.
Hi Bob,

My caravan scheduled for Thursday, 10/7/04 (meeting Hirofumi-san at JFK airport and continuing on to Watkins Glen) has been finalized. Since John Defini is now going to able to attend NSXPO,:D we have agreed on a meeting point to accommodate anyone else who may be interested in joining. Not to confuse our caravan with any other possible ones, John and I agreed to the following:

• To keep the thread on topic, we ask that only the ones who actually plan on joining this caravan to post.

Grazie e ciao... Miléd

Anyone heading to The Glen Friday morning from the Northeast? I should be leaving CT around 8am, but I'm flexible. Thursday afternoon is impossible.
Jesse

You guys should try to come up late thursday night. We have a great drive planned for the Poker Rally on Friday and that starts at 10:00am.

Last edited:
friday morn early.....
80--->380--->81--->17
:cool: :cool: :cool:

thedon67 said:
Please remember folks that Event Registration is open Thurs 5-8pm and Friday 8-10AM.

But we can use some help, most likely, from any volunteers at some point on Thursday before the hordes arrive.

Also, just a reminder that all are welcome to go to the track on Thursday but if you plan to drop by YOU MUST be on a guest list or there will be no entry. These are not our rules but the Track's rules. Please contact Peter to get on his list even if you are stopping by just for a short time.

There are no rest stops in the immediate vicinity of Binghamton so you would need to pick an exit where everyone could hook up. Off hand, I am not sure as to the best location in that area. There is a rest stop further down toward Elmira where cars could hook up for the last 45-60 minutes of the trip to Corning.

Hi everyone. I will be stopping a few times to visit family on my way up so I won't be able to caravan. Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there. :D I can't wait to see all those NSXs together.

Dave

Back