• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

not NSX related...its on Acuras new TSX

Well looks like the waiting is over...here are the facts on the upcoming TSX to be on sale in April 2003. How do I know?...I work for Acura...some of you may already know who I am I have posted updates on alot of the other acura sites.

Spec...

2.4 Liter DOHC, I-VTEC
200 Horsepower@6000 rpm; 166lbs-ft of Torque@4500 rpm
5 sp sequential auto transmission
6 sp close ratio manual transmission
Drive by wire throttle system
Double wishbone suspension
VSA
17 inch Alloy whls P215/50 R 17 Tires
Dual stage airbags, side airbags and side curtain airbags
HID headlights
Navi system with voice recognition
perforated leather seats
dual zone auto climate control
360 total watts audio system with 8 speakers and 6 disc in dash changer

Thats your standard trim not the Type S.

Hope you guys/gals like what you hear. I have pictures of the car, but I don't have a scanner at the office, I will scan it when I get home and post it on the site. I will also keep all of you posted on future updates. Good to have an insider huh!

------------------
Justin at Hoehn Acura/Mercedes Benz/porsche/Audi

Does your message mean there will be a Type S on top of this?

Sounds pretty cool actually but don't know how this compares with a V6 Accord Coupe in performance or trim.

Who are thier competitors for this product?

Seems like a strange car for Honda with the higher output / lower torque 4cyl. engine.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

I'm sure it's a great car but I really don't understand the marketing logic behind it.
Honda/Acura needs yet another near-luxury sedan like it needs another hole in the head.
I hope they spent at least as much on developing the next NSX. P.S. move to off-topic, Lud?

Back