• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSteXpo Dyno day report

Originally posted by scottjua:
anyone have dyno plots yet?

Yes. I do.

I am still working on the report. The problem is that DynoJet's viewer software sucks, so the only way to get plots out of it and usable in something else is a convoluted process, but I have one that is working well. The problem is that it takes a few minutes in a couple of different applications to generate an image and save it in a usable format. With 17 cars on the dyno, 3 pulls each, and 3 graphs per pull (power, torque and air/fuel), I've got 153 of these things to generate. I'm almost done with them. I actually spent several hours on the flight to Tokyo on Friday working on it.

Give me time...

EDR

Originally posted by cojones:
Were ambient conditions (air temp, etc) pretty consistent throughout the entire session ?

Yes. It was a cool, somewhat overcast day and the temperature / humidity didn't fluctuate much until the last few cars, when some storm clouds came in and the air cooled off a bit when the rain started coming down for the last two cars.

The dyno data has temperature and humidity readings for each run, as well as the correction factor the Dynojet software used to normalize the data.

We intentionally scheduled all four supercharged cars to be run back to back. Each car took only 10 minutes or so on the dyno, and there was only about 5 minutes between cars.

Sorry for the delay on this... the time I planned on spending working on assembling the report (now that the graphics are all done) was spent shopping in Ginza for Tomica and Choro Q NSX toys. Can't fault me for that, now can you?

Oh... and I did spend a few minutes at a Honda Verno dealer in Minato-ku getting some part numbers and prices for JDM parts and picked up a full length 2002 NSX sales brochure. Yes... I will scan it like I did the US brochures and post the links once it is done.

EDR

Bump!
smile.gif

Patiently waiting (more or less).

Checking the Prime daily in hopes of finding the much anticipated data from the Texas dyno event. Maybe tomorrow will be the day! (crossing fingers but not holding breath)

Originally posted by burbel:
Patiently waiting (more or less).

The report has been done for a day or two. I'm just working with Lud to get it to him so he can host it. The final report is a 4.34MB, 57 page document in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.

Once Lud has the file (our email clients won't handle anything above 1-2MB or so), I will post a message with a link to it. Give it another 24-36 hours.

EDR

Eric did an outstanding job compiling the results. I humbly suggest starting it as a new thread because I think it may generate a fair amount of discussion and this thread is already 2 pages long...

Back