• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSteXpo Roll Call

wet & wyld. . .

V12NSX said:
14. V12NSX (S.L.)

I can make it for Friday night only :frown: My son in competing in a wakeboard tournament locally on Saturday and I'm already comitted for Sunday as well. Of course if a bunch of NSX'rs get bored dyno-ing their cars yet again, they could come display them at a local wakeboard tournament and possibly get some celebrity air time.

S.L.

hmmm... I won't be dyno-ing my NSX (maybe a baseline run at most) as many of my mods/projects are "in-the-works" as we speak and therefore not completed.

S.L., this sounds very interesting, anything near a body of water in hot-humid-Houston would be rather inviting, even for a short jaunt to! Please offer some details (time, location, venue, etc). Much obliged, thanks! :cool:

The tournament starts at 10:00 am and will move through beginner, intermediate, advanced, and outlaw. The Outlaw class will begin at 3:00 p.m. regardless of where we are in the classes at the time. The Outlaws are semi-pro's and are really good. The venue is at M2 ski school and Houston Correct Craft (Ski Nautiques) in an industrial area south of Houston. The lake is a private man-made ski lake. You can bring chairs, coolers, canopies, whatever. Hanging out in the water at water's edge is fine also. Local Houston media will be there, Red Bull girls, etc. All the info you want is at: www.gcwa.com It's called the H-town Showdown.

S.L.

Well, .. since we've passed #13, .. I'll add myself to the list :smile:
15. bsudiro (Gus)

The tournament looks interesting. I'm not sure if I'll be dynoing my car, so if anybody wants to go to the wakeboard thingy on sat, we can arrange something.

Cheers .. Gus

packin' my speedo's... :D

hmmm... I'll pack the hibachi, Ojas will bring the cooler, and we're like there! :biggrin:

A cruise over sounds cool, atleast for me (will pass the word onto others as well); water, motors, women, sun-surf... :tongue:

Just curious before all of us got too excited ...
S.L., .. how 'NSX friendly' is the parking lot at M2 ?? 'Cos if it's not too friendly for NSX-s, I wouldn't mind using my daily beater and bring 2 or 3 of y'all austinites along. ..

Just a thought .. .:smile: ..

Gus

TogaTogaTogaTEXPO...

bsudiro said:
Just curious before all of us got too excited ...

hmmm... :confused: Too excited? Us? What makes you say that?!? :biggrin:

Animal_House.jpg

There is also an all Honda show (JSPEC) on saturday at John Eagle Honda for those who may want to sit out on the dyno testing.
Another option: They have just opened a very upscale, swanky biker bar (Crome) in Houston's most exclusive neighborhood (River Oaks). The write up said that the party will be on the patio overlooking the valet parking and parking lot so that everyone can see whom is riding up in what and that the choppers would be scattered amongst the Ferrari's and Porsche's. Instead of beer and pretzels they say that they will offer martinis and lobster dip.

On another note, if anyone is coming down from the north, or even from 290, you are welcome to stop off here and wash your car if need be.
I may even have an extra bedroom if someone needs it.

SuperSaturday...

2Dobes said:
Another option: They have just opened a very upscale, swanky biker bar (Crome) in Houston's most exclusive neighborhood (River Oaks). The write up said that the party will be on the patio overlooking the valet parking and parking lot so that everyone can see whom is riding up in what and that the choppers would be scattered amongst the Ferrari's and Porsche's. Instead of beer and pretzels they say that they will offer martinis and lobster dip.

hmmm... This sounds rather inviting, thanks 2Dobes! What's primetime to show up at such a place (late afternoon/evening or make it a night-spot) :confused: A group cruise over would be most excellent! I personally plan to goto Autologic for a short bit (I have some tech. questions), then check-out the Wakeboarding comp. & get some in some sun/surf, and then perhaps make my way over to 'Crome' in River Oaks.
icon14.gif

I am not sure what is considered "prime time" there as it just opened week before last. Supposed to be the only one like it in the country. All this I spoke of is actually marketing intended to sell one of the 40 - $100K bikes in their showroom located on the premisis.
I would have to guess that any time on the weekend it would be happenin'.

I have an email in to the president of the club now to see if we can park "inside the gates" in a sort mini car show format. I'll post it here as soon as I hear back.

S.L.

16 NSX's!!!!!

btw, what are we doing for late night entertainment :wink: :tongue:

Hello Everyone,

Looks like we will have a good turnout. Realize that after we run the dyno's, we will find lunch, then head over to World Karts. Saturday evening is for awards and such.

All the other activites spoken about sound good, but if everyone plans on being in places other than those planned, please let me know so I can adjust the numbers at karting and the restaurant so we don't take away too many spots.

I would also like to suggest a foldout chair of some sort at the dyno as seating is limited, and so is A/C for that matter. Be sure to be comfortably clothed for that event. We do have quite a few folks that have said yes to the dyno, but this doesn't tie anyone to anything. It just gives us some numbers to go by.

The weather also looks like it will be a small challenge, but if it does get cloudy and possibly rain, that means it won't be 100 degrees in the shade. :wink:

All in all this looks like it will be a great weekend. I can't wait to meet everyone!

I'll will also post this message on the original announcement.

Sam

NSXLuvr said:
I count 8 people so far :frown:

I am going to drive down on Sat A.M. and meet you guys at Autologic.

btw Sam, do you have a map of the Sun A.M. drive. Wanted to get an idea of the route we were going to take and how I am going to go home.

Nothing I can post, as I have already made that mistake once. :eek:

Our final stop (for food, no less) will be in Brenham, which is at Hwy 290 and Hwy 36. You could go East on 290 to FM1488, which will get you all the way over to I-45.

Anyone check w/ SamBel?

As we have started to go off on tangents...

A lot of group activities are good- BUT-

There was a thread started up a while ago where people were asking for someone to step up to the plate and organize an NSTeXpo- SamBel did that, he reached out to the NSXCA and got a sponsorship, contacted vendors for events, and generally took it upon himself to organize some group activities.

That said,

It is a little disturbing to see folks jumping ship on the events that were planned. It is cool to do your own thing, but it might also be cool to contact SamBel and check for conflicts before we all start breaking up the pack to wander off all over Houston Willy-Nilly.

The Ski show- sweet! Does it conflict with Karting? How many people are going Karting?
Chrome? Sweet! are we disrupting the planned dinner hour?

Most of us can do these other activities any weekend we choose. Part of TeXpo is doing things as a group with co-ordination, and planning.

It is going to be a bummer if only a handful of us are at each event because everyone got distracted.

That said-

Hey SamBel- whaddaya think? Cruising through Chrome Saturday evening sounds pretty sweet.

Philip

EDIT AHA! SamBel Beat me to it!

Well, .. I'm also guilty of discussing the jumping-ship events .. but I think tomorrow's dinner should be a good place to meet and then discuss things to do for saturday, .. at least for saturday evening.
It'll be pretty cool to do something after dinner on saturday evening as another 'group activity' ..

Last but not least, .. many thanks to Sam for organizing this meet! :biggrin:

Gus

a/c just went blehhh...

hmmm... I'm partially culpable for the tangential initiatives as well. However, I had no intentions to void/skip any of the organized events. I was planning to goto Autologic (inquire about headers/exhaust-manifold modification & fabrication) and then stopover at the karting nearby to cheer on the defending champion hailing from noneother than Austin, lol. I like to make 'cameos' so to speak, and then disappear. . . :cool:

Well, anyone have a lead for a driver's side (left) a/c condensor? Mine apparently just died, blowing hot air as we speak. I got a local a/c shoppe who's worked previously on my a/c to diagnose the problem. If there is one in-towne available, I might make the drive down and see if a Houston-area shoppe will do it or even Brad @ Autologic. I do reckon Houston in mid-July w/o an a/c is a bit uncomfortable. :redface:

Since I'm only 5 mins from Autologic, I will bring a couple folding chairs (if they car fit into my trunk) and cold beverages. If someone is arriving Sat morning, you can stop by my place for a quick car wash...just give me a PM in advance so my Mrs. is ok with that. :wink:

BTW, I think I will skip tomorrow's dinner, but I will be attending all the other events. :smile:

Sorry, I didn't mean to disrupt the events. I know from past experience how hard these are to plan. Somewhere, on one of the sites, I think we were having a hard time filling up the dyno, so I suggested an alternate ( I have to be there anyway). I wish I could be around for the whole thing - this will be the first I've missed since the very first one ever. Have fun and let me know if anyone is coming to the wakeboard event - I think I have secured an area for all the kids to oogle our cars.

S.L.

Re: Anyone check w/ SamBel?

H-carWizKid said:
That said-

Hey SamBel- whaddaya think? Cruising through Chrome Saturday evening sounds pretty sweet.

Philip

EDIT AHA! SamBel Beat me to it!

Sounds good, if folks don't mind spending $5 for a beer. They have to make their money somehow...unless someone in the group buys a $60k motorcycle, that is... :tongue:

I'll pass by there Friday and see if they can accomodate us...sounds like a good after dinner outing.

Re: anyone check w/ SamBel?

I wasn't trying to put anyone on the spot, nor do I think anyone should apologize for coming up with additional ideas for the weekend. Fact is, the tangent ideas are good ones, and I can see the appeal they might have for everyone involved- I was just hoping we could include SamBel in the planning to avoid conflicts.

Example: We like to show, so the Wakeboard car show is pretty appealing. I was just wondering if the time frames are going to create conflicts that would spread out the group.
Since Karting is on the schedule- at 1:00- What time would the display be? Is it do-able between Karting end @ 4:00 and dinner @ 7:00?

And of course- after dinner activities Saturday are always fun.

See you all on Saturday. Dad will be there tonight, but I will be traveling from Dallas during dinnertime and arriving later this evening.

Philip

Back