• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 5 speed in there !

Hello all ,
I am about finished with my very long project, started out with a 3800 series III. Graduated to a cam'ed LS4 with some mods , Dont have a build thread but here are some pics and videos .
Hope you all enjoy- and yes that is a NSX 5 speed transmission mated to the LS
twin disc clutch with strapped floater and PP
20121008_215922.jpg
20121228_171710.jpg
20130309_123858.jpg

Last edited:
That is one healthy sounding Fiero!
Did you use the NSX axles as well?

Brian

Thank you for the positive comments , you never quite know how people will respond.

Anyone know how much power a NSX 5 speed can handle ? I remember long ago some conversation on the subject and that 3rd gear was the weaklink.

-Kemp

3800 is a great engine as long as you take care of them intake gaskets. I loved driving my G-ma Regal when i was 16
(3800)

Oh i see that that is definitly not a 3800 anymore then i read.. That thing is mean.

Last edited:
Anyone know how much power a NSX 5 speed can handle ? I remember long ago some conversation on the subject and that 3rd gear was the weaklink.
-Kemp
I think that anything more than 600whp is heading into the range of driveline issues on a stock 5-speed and axles, but of course the torque on tap and how you drive are other large factors.

Brian

thats pretty sweet. what axles did you end up using?

- - - Updated - - -

also any more pics of the adapter plate and fabrication of the rest of the setup?

thats pretty sweet. what axles did you end up using?

- - - Updated - - -

also any more pics of the adapter plate and fabrication of the rest of the setup?

I will search my photos to see if I have more pictures on the adapter plate , The adapter plate can be purchased , let me know if need more info on that.

Axles are as followes - inner cup From acura legend , axles are from Thedriveshaftshop.com with new races to keep NSX splines in Fiero outers.

Nice!

Now the $64,000 question...

Would that ever fit in a NSX?

It's certainly lighter and narrower.

-J

if someone wants to give me L x W x H of the NSX engine compartment I can let you know .

Last edited:
Would love to see more pictures of that install. It looks very clean from what I can see. Always liked the Fierro.

I will try and put something together , I also need to get some new videos as I took those mufflers off and put some C6 tips on it. I much prefer the sound now, not so sure about my neighbors..........

Back