• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX and 360 Modena running the track.

I really don't understand theses observations.

He just said that the 360 Challenge and the NSX he saw were very close in lap times. I doubt the guy is lying. He's just giving his observation and intrepretation of the particular event he saw. Not too hard to understand.

Tino,

" the fastest NSX I've seen at Willow (Doug Hayashi in a S/C'd and lightened NSX) can rarely brake the 1m30s lap. Eight seconds at Willow is an eternity. I am sure Doug's modified car can compete with a stock 360 like mine but a stock NSX is still quite a few seconds slower than a stock 360, and that's my own first hand observation."

Doug turned 1:25.3 at this year's OTC

no doubt Ferrari has done a wonderful job on the 360. i can't wait to see what they got up the sleeve for the replacement.

as for NSX. the NSX-R shouldn't be far behind the 360. but when will Honda wake up and build a bigger displacement that will give lots of torque but still have the high rev power??

i've been a Honda fan since the mid 80's when i was a little boy. but I can not understand why they're always holding back.

that must have been a solo 2 event and those courses are usually very tight and not a good measure of ability for these cars. it may come down to which one had to fight the course less (i.e. less push). there are no long straights to play out horsepower advantages. what counts instead is torque on demand.

in addition to driver ability, knowing the course is imperative. you typically only get three or four runs and if you haven't walked and memorized the course prior all you see is a sea of cones. paul and heidi are experienced autocrossers. they also no doubt ran competition tires which are good for several seconds. the 360 may have been on street tires.

Back