• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Car Corral at Road America August 11

I'm creating this topic to let everyone know that WE HAVE A GREAT EVENT COMING UP, AND YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING SPECIAL IF YOU'RE NOT THERE!

There is a series of races at Road America on Saturday, August 11, including the Generac 500 in the American LeMans Series (ALMS) in the late afternoon. The ALMS is an awesome series, with divisions for everything from what are basically production cars to prototype racers.

I previously posted about this event in this other topic, but I'd like to expand a bit on the hospitality arrangements in case it's not clear. This isn't just a race, but it's also an all-day event. Members of the NSX Club of America can sign up in advance to enjoy the Acura hospitality tent. That includes a continental breakfast, a CATERED LUNCH, and raffle giveaways, including a tour of the hot pits during the race, as well as racing fuel and other goodies. All of this is FREE - that's right, there is no additional charge other than the ticket to get you into the racetrack. All of these arrangements are courtesy of Acura Division of American Honda, also VP Racing Fuels. And club members get to park their NSXs in the car corral next to the hospitality tent.

If you'd like to sign up for this event, you can still come! At this point, you will need to get your tickets directly from the track; you can order them from the track's website at www.roadamerica.com. (You can have them held at the will call window if it's too close to the race date to have them mailed to you.)

If you are going to be getting your tickets from the track, or if you have already gotten tickets from the track (i.e. not through the NSX Club) - maybe you have season tickets, or just for this event - you can still sign up for the hospitality activities as long as you are a member of the NSX Club. Just notify me by private message or e-mail of your name, how many people you will have there, and whether you would like to park your NSX in the corral. Please notify me by this Saturday, August 3, and we'll squeeze you in.

I had already marked that on my calendar as well as HIN in chicago and my parents still owe me some b-day cash....so i was curious can i sign up through prime?? I love NSXs and i do own an Acura..so.....(plus see signature)

Ps- i love racing and caught the mid-ohio races on TV

thanks,

ben

I had already marked that on my calendar as well as HIN in chicago and my parents still owe me some b-day cash....so i was curious can i sign up through prime?? I love NSXs and i do own an Acura..so.....(plus see signature)
You are welcome to join the NSX Club of America. (NSX ownership is not required.) You can then participate in the hospitality (lunch, drawings, etc). However, I believe the car corral parking is for NSXs only.

Oh, and to get into the track, you'll need to buy a ticket, as mentioned above. At this point, you'll need to buy the tickets directly from the track.

I will chime in to report that the hospitality (everything ! ) was first rate at Mid Ohio and it made me want to write them thank you! :biggrin: I wish I could make this one. I want to do it over again! Not to mention our three parade laps after the ALM's race. Brand loyalty was certainly built on at Mid Ohio, and if any of you are on the fence, better get in now.
Thank you, nsxtasy.

Ken,

I was just talking to Sean (he's recruiting for this event) and wondering if there's still room for another NSX?

Jim

Thanks for the pics.

It looks like you guys were missing a white! I wish I could have made it.

It looks like you guys were missing a white!
We were missing a lot of colors, considering that we had over 30 NSXs. I think we only had red (both), yellow, black, and Sebring Silver. EDIT: And green. Which means we were missing white, purple, all three blues, the other two silvers, and orange.

Last edited:
Great Event!

Thanks to Ken, the organizers from Acura, the guest speakers and all involved.

The rain kind of came out of nowhere, but didn't damped spirits too much.

The model give-away was a great added bonus. Would have been nice to have a NSX parade lap of the track, but on the other hand the price was reasonable.

Looking forward to next year (?), and NSXPO!

Back