• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX CarPlay crashes

TC

Experienced Member
I'm wondering if other NSX 2.0 owners have seen the same problem I have had with Apple CarPlay. When using the car's infotainment touchscreen to play a voice mail (as opposed to using voice command), the voice mail plays about 3 seconds and then the infotainment system locks up. I have to turn off the car and restart to clear the error. My phone is an iPhone X with iOS 12.1.2. Car is 2018.

I'm just glad the same computer that runs the infotainment system doesn't also control the e-steering or e-brakes. :wink:

TC

I'm wondering if other NSX 2.0 owners have seen the same problem I have had with Apple CarPlay. When using the car's infotainment touchscreen to play a voice mail (as opposed to using voice command), the voice mail plays about 3 seconds and then the infotainment system locks up. I have to turn off the car and restart to clear the error. My phone is an iPhone X with iOS 12.1.2. Car is 2018.

I'm just glad the same computer that runs the infotainment system doesn't also control the e-steering or e-brakes. :wink:

TC

I’ll test this on my 2017 with my iPhone X(iOS 12.1.12) tomorrow

Update the phone to iOS 12.2. Remove all phones from the carplay device list in the infotainment system. Remove all cars from the phone’s CarPlay list. Reconnect, and see how it behaves.

I was able to play voicemail messages via the CarPlay touchscreen, but I’m actually on iOS 12.1.4.

I was able to play voicemail messages via the CarPlay touchscreen, but I’m actually on iOS 12.1.4.

Ryan, thanks for checking. I followed MasterNSXTech's instructions and deleted all paired devices. There were many paired devices - probably the sales people at the Acura dealership where the car was for several months before I bought it. I repaired my iPhone X and the problem is gone. Thanks for the help.

Update the phone to iOS 12.2. Remove all phones from the carplay device list in the infotainment system. Remove all cars from the phone’s CarPlay list. Reconnect, and see how it behaves.

I simply deleted all paired devices - since this NSX sat at the dealership for a few months in 2018, I can imagine that the sales people paired their phones to test things out. So I deleted all paired devices and repaired my iPhone. Problem solved. Many thanks.

After 15 month ... first time plug in my phone .. and Android Auto works great! LOL

But please .. Trump ... don't ban Huawei! Even they are 2 times better than iphone and cost just 2/3 ... lol

I also have a 2018 NSX and an iPhone X-max. Last week, Car-Play played my music at 2x speed! Kinda funny hearing Delbert McClinton sing like Alvin the Chipmunk. I unplugged the iPhone, then plugged it back in. It hasn’t happened again, and it only happened once.

Speaking of the NSX audio/video systems: When my NSX was in the shop the other day, they gave me a brand new RLX loaner. While YouTube is full of testers and reviewers complaining that the NSX uses a slow, Garmin-based NAV System, and that using such a slow, antiquated system is beneath the dignity of an expensive supercar, I have to say that the NAV on the 2019 RLX was way slower than that in the NSX. Way slower. I don’t know if that speaks more to the quality of the NSX NAV, or the lack of same in the RLX.

Thoughts?

I also have a 2018 NSX and an iPhone X-max. Last week, Car-Play played my music at 2x speed! Kinda funny hearing Delbert McClinton sing like Alvin the Chipmunk. I unplugged the iPhone, then plugged it back in. It hasn’t happened again, and it only happened once.

Speaking of the NSX audio/video systems: When my NSX was in the shop the other day, they gave me a brand new RLX loaner. While YouTube is full of testers and reviewers complaining that the NSX uses a slow, Garmin-based NAV System, and that using such a slow, antiquated system is beneath the dignity of an expensive supercar, I have to say that the NAV on the 2019 RLX was way slower than that in the NSX. Way slower. I don’t know if that speaks more to the quality of the NSX NAV, or the lack of same in the RLX.

Thoughts?

It is definitely a lack of quality on the side of the RLX. Somehow the flagship sedan hasn't been updated to ODMD2.0 so it is running a 2014 tech system. It is now the only car still running that system and the only one without Android Auto or Apple Carplay available. The 2018 refresh would have been the perfect time to do it and yet the decided not to. That car's days are definitely numbered.

Back