• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Chassis brace, rear tunnel Dali Racing

I've decided to resurrect the old Dali Racing chassis tunnel brace I designed for MJ back in 2005. The brace bridges the tunnel, in front of the gas tank, mounts with existing fasteners. I am making a small batch of 25 of them so I'm guessing they will go fast and you will want to pre-order yours.

These will be made from 1020 steel, with a welded and bent bracket.
Middle tube will be DOM roll cage steel for strength and rigidity.
They will be offered with the most durable industrial powder coat finish I have available.

Cost $125 for this first batch. PM me to arrange payment.
Dali Chassis brace.jpgDali Chassis bar close top.jpgDali Chassis bar close bottom.jpg

Here is a pic of one of the original braces installed. You can see it does not hang lower than the OEM tank braces, just bridges the tunnel.

Attachments

• NSX Chassis barce, tunnel, Installed.jpg
    NSX Chassis barce, tunnel, Installed.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,234
Hi,

as we talked on Facebook, here is a link to my build thread where it show my details of
instalation ;)

Thanks,
Nuno

Last edited:
Hi,

as we talked on Facebook, here is a link to my nuild thread where it show my details of
instalation ;)

Thanks,
Nuno

Thanks for the link!

I have 6 of these pre-paid, PM if you want to make sure you get one!

Thanks for the support bringing a cool part back into production.

Dave

Is there any noticeable difference with it installed? Thanks

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

How effective the brace is depends on how hard you drive your car. With sticky tires and stiffer sway bars bridging the tunnel should have measurable benefits. I think it's a bit like the Spoon Rigid Collar kit, stiffer is better!

I just installed mine. Install was quick and simple. Tools required: 10mm socket and ratchet, 17mm socket and ratchet, and maybe a breaker bar. Thanks for the mini multi tool btw!

Hey everyone. Thanks to those who have paid for the chassis braces, we are finishing welding the batch of them and will be getting them to powder coat this week. If all goes well they will ship out next week.

Update.

The batch of 25 braces are at powdercoat and will be packed and ready to ship by the end of the month. Most of them are already sold and will be shipped for free since they were pre-paid. If you want to get one of them, please PM right away to make sure you get one.

I am working on stainless steel version with a shiny center section. I will post pics when the sample comes back from powder coat.

As always, thanks for the support!
Dave

P.S. Keep an eye out for other new braces I am working on...

Hey there,
We are shipping braces, if you have paid F&F(thanks...) please make sure I have a current address so these can go out.

For those who did not pre pay, I have a few left over and shipping is only $12 so PM me and you can still get one.

Dali NSX tunnel brace.jpg

These work on coupes and targas, correct? If so, I will take two please.

Yes,
Works for all 1st gen NSX, coupe and targa!

PM sent!

Hey everyone.

I guess folks like these, I made up 25 of them and they are ALL gone and I have 3 more promised...I have another 20 of these at the powder coater now so in the next couple of weeks they will be ready to ship. PM if you want one, looks like these won't last long and I'm not sure when I will get a chance to make another batch.

I am doing a few with a polished center section too. I'll post pics when the samples get back from powder, I like the way they look. I'm not sure how much more it will cost for the polish and mask so it may not appeal to many folks but I am guessing they will be about $50 more. I will post pics and prices as soon as I have something to show.

Thanks to everyone for the support and getting this product back out there!
Dave

Back