• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Chassis brace, rear tunnel Dali Racing

Can you feel any notable differences with the addition of this brace? Sorry for dumb question.

I just installed the brace. As usual, top quality stuff from Dave (I think I'm collecting every item he's making for my NSX lol). The only issue was that I had to slightly enlarge the holes because one of the chassis bolts was catching on the edge of the hole. But overall very easy installation. On my NA2, there's already a small cross beam but it's very small and thin, I can almost bend it with my bare hands. So you take that one off and put on the Dave's real brace. You'll also have to disconnect and remove a clamp on the OEM cross beam.

So I have a T-top, and from the factory it's soft as a noodle when I take the top off (I saw the entire dash flex the first time I took it out my driveway). So I have pretty much every brace ever made on my car, short of a cage. Do I feel a difference? Maybe a little more "solid" or "direct" feel when I have the top on. With the top off, there's actually some more shakes when going over rough road or expansion joints, probably because all the bracing has amplified the weakest point: the lack of the roof. However, if the road is smooth, it feels again more direct (could very well be placebo though).

Thanks for the feedback, we made a running change to the holes so the last stainless steel bars have a 2 mm bigger hole. There was enough variation in manufacturing tolerance a few folks found the holes were tight, easy to mod the part with a few strokes of a file, but better if you don’t have too. Plenty of parts in stock if anyone needs one.

Dave

I bought one from Dave recently but haven't installed it yet. Dave always is more than helpful when I've called him. I've bought probably 5-10 parts for my NSX that he makes.

NSX engine chassis brace CRF.jpgNSX engine chassis brace complete.jpgNSX engine chassis brace detail bracket.jpg

The first one are finally done! Coupe chassis braces made with stiff stainless steel tube and brackets. These came in at 3 lb. so very light for how stiff they are. Only use 2 nuts (like OEM) for attachment so easy to remove for service and you don't need to mess with the hidden nut that is so far out of the way...

I made couple of these to make sure the fixture is set up correctly and they are great.

$400 for one of these so grab them while they are in stock! PM if you want one.

Next up will be the Targa CT supercharger brace...much tougher nut to crack but they are no longer being made so I will step up.

I will get a pic this week, hopefully Thursday eve!

The tunnel brace goes between the aluminum gas tank opening reinforcements and the body. The brace is sandwiched in between and this locks it in place.

So the OEM bar that we're replacing has a bracket (see below) that secures the shift cables and it looks like in Stallion's pic that he reinstalled the bracket. I was just wondering if he drilled into the tunnel brace or did something else? Do most people just let the shift cables float right there? I know that at the next cross bar towards the rear there's another set of brackets to secure the cables in place...is that considered sufficient? Here's a pic to better explain...

shift_cables.png

bracket.png

Folks have been letting the cables float, the second clamp is enough to keep the cables in place and aligned as well as prevent wear from vibration. It's also possible to sandwich the OEM bracket above the new brace by letting it bow when everything is bolted together.

Last edited:
Those look great installed! I just did a couple of the engine braces in black, I'll post pics soon. Standard brace for the engine compartment now has a cut out to clear the OEM engine cover prop rod hinge so they look a bit different.

Blood Stone, your PM box is too full to accept messages...

Back