• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX coming to Detroit 2015

Has anyone lined them up pictures to enable a spot the difference?

Biggest difference in the two concepts were interior, door lines and finer/minor details like grille/nose. Color and wheels were the other differences. The overall shape and dimensions remained virtually the same between the two.

The camo prototype car which is technically considered the third or fourth iteration if you count the blue one that is also identical to the concepts for the most part. The 4th has much larger side intakes that reach lower and a noticeably longer/more aggressive rear spoiler. Both of these ideas visually visited almost a year on this board by me before the prototype car debuted this year if I may add:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ied-the-Ring?p=1800052&viewfull=1#post1800052

Just read on a local Ducht car website the new NSX will be introduced at Detroit in January 2015.

After a long wait, that's still earlier than I begon to suspect (was thinking December 2015).

Surprised you guys didn't share the video. Exhaust sounds awesome.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w0RJsqrS0NY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

..I just jizzed my pants................

Last edited:
Perhaps it is just the color contrast, but the beak looks a bit prominent against the red.
In dark colors like black or grey the beak may blend in better.

Also, the wheels look good but the brake discs look too small within them.
The rear does not look as distinctive as in some of the concepts. It looks a bit swollen and bulbous, not as tight and creased. The rear lights also seem sort of oval and not adding much sharpness to the big behind.

The side seems pretty darned good.

The car has some super big shoes to fill and some superb competition to go against. Let us see if Honda can deliver again. I hope it does.

Last edited:
goin commando rog......
Brave man!!!
This'll be a "flappy" only car. Great technology, a lot of car, for a lot less $$$ than the high dollar "super-cars" (P1,918, LaF,etc). If handled properly, should create a lot of traffic in the showrooms, with a good first year launch. Not on my list (I don't do flappy), but I think it'll only help the value of our cars, not hurt them!!!

RPM217;1826953 (I don't do flappy) said:
Really I 've seen you happy.................

Last edited:
I was told by the GM of the dealer I bought my NSX's from (5), that there will be a dedicated area in their showroom showing
what's what and one demo car....then you spec it - they order - you pay and it comes sometime (didn't know how long).

Big investment for the dealer in both showroom & service equipment. Not all Acura dealers will be able to sell & service
the upcoming NSX.

In the past, they had a row of them out front - you picked the one you wanted and drove it home.

I was told by the GM of the dealer I bought my NSX's from (5), that there will be a dedicated area in their showroom showing
what's what and one demo car....then you spec it - they order - you pay and it comes sometime (didn't know how long).
Big investment for the dealer in both showroom & service equipment. Not all Acura dealers will be able to sell & service
the upcoming NSX.

The GM at my dealership said they would have to spend about $80K in special service equipment before they would be allowed to sell the NSX.
He too said some of the smaller dealers would not spend that amount for a limited number of sales.
He also confirmed made to order sales with no unsold inventory at the dealership.

I am glad they paid a little homage to the 1st gen with the NSX on the door pillar! I am sold, can't wait!

Back