• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Depreciation and Value

That was fun, thanks for sharing.

I would say that the depreciation for the 2017 cars is more like 10% per year. Lots of them are high spec so perhaps more that 10%.

He also didn't point to the ability to get a new one on the cheap with the discounts and factory money.

The low number of 2017s in the market also contradicts some of the trolls saying that early production cars will flood the market when they come off lease.

...The low number of 2017s in the market also contradicts some of the trolls saying that early production cars will flood the market when they come off lease.

The leasing started in September through November. The market will be flooded shortly.

-Troll.

I bet if and when that happens It will depend on Mannheim bidding, I think there will be strong support in the mid 90's.....On that note nice examples could sell retail in the 110 range making flipping NC1's a nice little side hustle

I must be missing something.

The early cars are getting to 4 years old.

I would have thought the leases were for 3 years and those leases ended nearly a year ago (I really have no idea what percentage of cars from any year were leased).

I must be missing something.

The early cars are getting to 4 years old.

I would have thought the leases were for 3 years and those leases ended nearly a year ago (I really have no idea what percentage of cars from any year were leased).

The leases didn’t start until September 2017. My lease would have ended this October. I think my car sat in the showroom for eight months.

Last edited:
The leases didn’t start until September 2017. My lease would have ended this October. I think my car sat in the showroom for eight months.

Maybe Acura back leases, but in October 2016 when I took my car home, you could buy for cash, finance or lease.

I didn't look into leasing as it is not my thing (acquisition fees for leases are a total cash grab). I am a landlord as my second job and the move in fees and pet fees are a nice source of extra cash.

Maybe Acura back leases, but in October 2016 when I took my car home, you could buy for cash, finance or lease.

I didn't look into leasing as it is not my thing (acquisition fees for leases are a total cash grab). I am a landlord as my second job and the move in fees and pet fees are a nice source of extra cash.

When I first inquired I was told they didn’t lease them.

I saw one for $109k for like 18k miles, but don’t know if it was off-lease or not. So far, haven’t seen any well-priced ones for sale yet.

I still think the best play now is to find a low optioned new 20 and get the dealer to drop the price to you using the $20K trunk money and about $10K in margin.

I saw one for $109k for like 18k miles, but don’t know if it was off-lease or not. So far, haven’t seen any well-priced ones for sale yet.
I saw that one for $109,000 listed. It was only advertised a short time. IMO the sweet spot for 2017s is now between $105,000 and $110,000. That's where they sell quickly. There is a 2018 with 15k miles, fairly well optioned for $119,800. It's been sitting for at least 5-6 months. A silver 2019, fairly basic,low miles, was asking $123,000 and sold quickly (1-2 months). I don't what dealers are thinking at $119k and above for 2017s. Some have been sitting for 100s of days. I saw a valencia red 2017, well optioned at $119 and that one did sell fast. They never even responded to my inquiry. On bringatrailer a highly optioned 2017 went for $111,111. The trend seems to be coming down slowly.

Back