• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Engine (Block, Crank and Rods)

Is the Block assy etc of the NSX specific to the NSX, and if so, how is it different from the "standard" honda/acura 3.2 litre V6? I am contemplating building up a "performance package" for my 2000, but would prefer to build up "spare" motor, don't ya know!!:smile: Any info would be appreciated.

pretty sure the engine is specific to the NSX.

I think the ledgend before they came out where thinking about using the NSX engine but cost was too high and they used a cheaper alternative.

your going to stuff this baby in your s2k? :confused:

just build the s2k motor. Its a little monster by itself. Build it with low compression and go FI. Do it right, you wont need a spare motor.

The 3.2 liter V6 in my wife's TL has a 60 degree angle between the banks of cylinders and a single overhead cam per cylinder bank. The NSX is a double overhead cam on a 90 degree block.

I believe the NSX engine is based on the original mid 1980s Legend. However, Honda has gone in rather different directions for their passenger cars (and SUVs) since then.

mskrotzki said:
The 3.2 liter V6 in my wife's TL has a 60 degree angle between the banks of cylinders and a single overhead cam per cylinder bank. The NSX is a double overhead cam on a 90 degree block.

I believe the NSX engine is based on the original mid 1980s Legend. However, Honda has gone in rather different directions for their passenger cars (and SUVs) since then.

C series Block.
Acura Legend 2.5 - C25A
Acura Legend 2.7 - C27A
NSX NA1 - C30A
Acura Legend 3.2 - C32A
NSX NA2 - C32B
Acura Legend/RL - C35A

Current Honda and Acura V6 are J series block. Complete different than the C series.

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/honda_engine_codes.html

Well, Rats!!:mad: I guess I will have to develop a Plan B, don't ya think? Incidentially, I didnt mean to confuse anyone with the question - I have a 2000 model NSX that I am "studying":biggrin: (If I had a S2000, it would probably get a LS6 and tremec and be done with it!!::tongue:) Thanks for the replies and info, even if it confirmed what I suspected.

Back