• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX for sale in Chicago area - JH4NA1153NT001019

Just spotted this low-mileage NSX in my preferred color in the Chicago area.
http://f93026d1-cd86-4659-ae64-48f4c6b4cf6c.autorevo-powersites.com/1992-Acura-NSX-Lansing-Illinois-60438/3944130

Does anyone here know anything about the history of this particular car or this dealer, Jabaay Motors in Lansing, IL?

Obviously I would want to have a PPI done in the area, and I know Muller's Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates comes highly recommended. Should I insist on having it taken there (~55 miles each way), or can anyone recommend NSX techs at any of the Acura dealers (Joe Rizza, McGrath, Continental) that are closer.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Autocheck came back clean...with 2 calculated owners if that helps

Oh yeh second owner owned it for a long time.

Last edited:
The problem with many Acura dealers is that, if they don't have a tech who works on a lot of different NSX's (like Ted at Woodfield), they will be doing a standard checklist on the car, same as for any other car - checking things like the battery, brake pad thickness, tire tread depth, etc. An experienced NSX tech would know to check for NSX-specific problems, such as checking the tranny number for the snap ring range (likely for any '92).

What is the control mounted aside the center console? Phone related?

38568-29-large.jpg

It is the main control for a K40 radar detector. It allows changing between city and highway modes, and I think sensitivity. Probably installed when the car was new, as that is when those K40 units were in their prime. Massively expensive for the poor performance and constant false alarms. I would have it removed. Actually, I did have one removed from my car years ago and never looked back.

Back