• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX from Lambo Newport meet

3 NSX + 3 McLaren P1

6 Hybrid super cars total

Attachments

• File_000-7.jpg
    File_000-7.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
I saw on the net the other day that Lambo in Newport took first delivery of the centernario. Was it at the dealer?
I love the P1, always have. Nice shots.

I saw on the net the other day that Lambo in Newport took first delivery of the centernario. Was it at the dealer?
I love the P1, always have. Nice shots.
Yes, it was. There was a Lambo only pre meet at 8am. That drew quite a bit of traffic, it is 2X as crowded as usual.

Awesome. Thanks B&B

The pagani's are true works of art.

Where are all the nay sayers talking about the high hood/fenderline? But when you see it next to the 10+ year old hyper Porsche - same dimensions...

The greenline indicates the apex/full hood height (I'm not aware of anyone here who had issue with this dimension which is pretty much in line with everyone else).
The yellowline indicates where the front hoodline ends on the NSX and where its front bumper grill begins (delineator based on color break vs. continuity and material panel breaks).
The redline indicates where the front hoodline ends on the Porsche (note lower than the NSX).
The blueline indicates where the front bumper grill on the Porsche begins (note much lower than the NSX).

thelinesdontlie.jpg

While the Porsche's leading edge is at the redline, the faux grill w/embossed honeycombs on the NSX is right at the redline which is visually perceived for all intents and purposes as "grill" instead of "hoodline". No one would ever intuitively refer to this front section along the redline as a hood/hoodline on the NSX.

It's the yellowline that marks the location of the "high hoodline" being referred to in other threads. Many here wish it was designed visually to end at the redline.

I knew you were coming. The red line is where the NSX's frontend terminates too. Don't be blinded

attachment.php

Use this image and do the red line again. Paint the grille another color than black, like silver, and there would be no argument.

Last edited:
Yes the redline is where the front end terminates and that's never been in contention either. But that's not where the hoodline ends like you were referencing in post #12. It's where the front bumper grill is (which is blue on the Porsche). Let's stick to using consistent terminology if we're all going to understand each other :smile:.

Look, if you buy an NSX replacement hood you are not going to get the part that touches the red line. There's nothing to paint, or photoshop, or whatever. The yellow line is the front NSX hood line. The NSX hoodline is not the furthest forward part as seen on the Porsche (and the NSX 1.0 for that matter). It's first behind the beak ...and the beak isn't the farthest forward part either, the front bumper grill is.

Last edited:
Ok Spec, I wasn't there and didn't have a tape measure or anything :confused:. All I am saying is that by simply looking at the pic, the NSX hood line looks like it ends at the yellow line and the Porsche's looks like it ends at the red line and that's it. You and I interpret differently what the designer's intentions were in regards to the leading edge since you see it as the front bumper grill and I don't.

Reality and perception are two different things. I didn't realize that black suddenly makes things disappear and irrelevant that the front bumper's shape is non-existent on the new NSX? It's there, in 3 dimensions. You can feel it. You can measure it. With your logic, the blacktop on the NSX is non-existent too simply because it's black?

Look above the yellow line you drew and you will see the hood end on the Carrera GT much higher than the NSX. So again, your arguments only make it sound worst if you are comparing just the hood.

We are comparing overall shape and the front bumper's edge ends at virtually the same height as the Carrera Gt's front bumper where the red line terminates. Regardless if it's black or body colored.

Again, the hyper Porsche is 14+ years old, from a previous era that supersedes the first gen NSX. The Porche's roof line is at 45 inches tall, however, the hoodline, fenderline, and end bumper line all line up with the gen 2 NSX that has to adhere to even higher standards of stringent safety regulations.

Take a look at how many sold too. Was it a sales failure because it sold about 1,300 cars out of 1,500 planned to be produced?

There is no worse blind man than the one ...

While the Porsche's leading edge is at the redline, the faux grill w/embossed honeycombs on the NSX is right at the redline which is visually perceived for all intents and purposes as "grill" instead of "hoodline". No one would ever intuitively refer to this front section along the redline as a hood/hoodline on the NSX.

It's the yellowline that marks the location of the "high hoodline" being referred to in other threads. Many here wish it was designed visually to end at the redline.

I totally agree with you vf2ss.

I knew you were coming. The red line is where the NSX's frontend terminates too. Don't be blinded

attachment.php

Use this image and do the red line again. Paint the grille another color than black, like silver, and there would be no argument.

It was 100% sure that you were also coming, you simply cannot stand when someone has a different point of view than yours. Unfortunately, here, ( and in so many cases! ) you are again lame and wrong. You are still using your favorite tool: intellectual dishonesty.

It is obvious that the Carrera GT hood is perceived to be lower than the NSX2 hood and that its front end looks thinner too ...

Yes the redline is where the front end terminates and that's never been in contention either. But that's not where the hoodline ends like you were referencing in post #12. It's where the front bumper grill is (which is blue on the Porsche). Let's stick to using consistent terminology if we're all going to understand each other :smile:.

Look, if you buy an NSX replacement hood you are not going to get the part that touches the red line. There's nothing to paint, or photoshop, or whatever. The yellow line is the front NSX hood line. The NSX hoodline is not the furthest forward part as seen on the Porsche (and the NSX 1.0 for that matter). It's first behind the beak ...and the beak isn't the farthest forward part either, the front bumper grill is.

Don't try to win an argument with the intellectually dishonest guy, a certain person once said:

"Just as a spoon cannot taste the sauce,
Infantile ones do not understand
The doctrine, even after
A lifetime of devotion to the wise."

The Carrera GT's hood line end higher than the NSX. Your argument is invalid.

Absolutely not. Your argument is invalid NSPEC. The Carrera hood is lower both in perception and in reality because we do not take into account the front wheel fenders, only the hood. Just see how people perceive the hood height of a Porsche 917 or from a more recent design: NIO EP9.

Nspec, the way you analyse this makes me think that it must be a lot of fun hearing your comments about old Rolls-Royce hood height with their Spirit of Ecstasy mascot ... Mega LOL

Ok Spec, I wasn't there and didn't have a tape measure or anything :confused:. All I am saying is that by simply looking at the pic, the NSX hood line looks like it ends at the yellow line and the Porsche's looks like it ends at the red line and that's it. You and I interpret differently what the designer's intentions were in regards to the leading edge since you see it as the front bumper grill and I don't.

Unfortuntely, the front end design of the NSX is not on par with other exotic offerings in term of exotic look. The hood is too high and bulky, almost as high as the wheel fenders and worst, the horizontal surface perceived from the front grille is too vertical and big. An exotic sports car must show a thin wedge front end; which is the case with the Carrera GT and with the first generation NSX.

There is not a lot of things to change in the new NSX front design: lower the hood ( thus creating a bigger difference between the wheel fenders and the front bonnet, and, remove or modify the front grille to create a thinner and wedgier front end; in this case Honda must place grilles farther away (inside ) the front surface: just look how Lamborghini managed this aspect with the last Gallardo ...

Reality and perception are two different things. I didn't realize that black suddenly makes things disappear and irrelevant that the front bumper's shape is non-existent on the new NSX? It's there, in 3 dimensions. You can feel it. You can measure it. With your logic, the blacktop on the NSX is non-existent too simply because it's black?

Look above the yellow line you drew and you will see the hood end on the Carrera GT much higher than the NSX. So again, your arguments only make it sound worst if you are comparing just the hood.

We are comparing overall shape and the front bumper's edge ends at virtually the same height as the Carrera Gt's front bumper where the red line terminates. Regardless if it's black or body colored.

Again, the hyper Porsche is 14+ years old, from a previous era that supersedes the first gen NSX. The Porche's roof line is at 45 inches tall, however, the hoodline, fenderline, and end bumper line all line up with the gen 2 NSX that has to adhere to even higher standards of stringent safety regulations.

Exactly, reality and perception ... Stop making your personal false perceptions everyone's reality please ... Oh yeah, I remember, you are just a spoon in sauce NSPEC ...

I am wasting my time.

Great analysis vf2ss, keep on posting your interesting comments.

Effer, you can't deny geometry. How did you pass middle school math?

maxresdefault.jpg

The hood line sits higher than the NSX. Look at pics.

File_006D.jpg

You can see the red line starts where the Porsche's hood line end and sits much higher than the NSX's hoodline.

Last edited:

Ok, I see where our terminology got messed up. This whole on-the-side discussion in this thread about Lambos' supposed to be about now the middle white line in your pic (or the redline in the previous). The bow of the car if you will...and how it's interpreted by the viewer. Low or high. Exotic or sedan-like. Aggressive or diffident. And I agree with Effer that on the NSX it registers as the front of the car *appearing* not steep enough regardless of the tape measures.

Interestingly, the Greeks corrected visual distortion all the time...they <bowed out all their columns> on their temples (convex) to make them appear straight. If they were mathematically straight they would actually appear concave and have diminished the straight perception the architect wanted the viewer to experience/receive; They curved the floors instead of keeping them mathematically level so it would appear straight and look level; They tilted the architrave/frieze/cornice toward the viewer so that it would appear straight because if it was technically straight it actually looked distorted, etc. They spent centuries perfecting how an object would be perceived visually and took it very seriously, and ensured that everyone would see it the way they intended it to be seen...as straight (even though it never was). The front of the NSX has the right proportions (again, has never been really an issue here), it's just the execution of the front end details harbor so many design drawbacks in addition to not appearing steep enough for many ...the last of the now antiquated beak, sedan-style-hanging headlights, faux mesh grill, lack of recognizable homage to the original, etc. As pointed out...there's reality and there's perception. Perception is reality...reality is perception.

Last edited:
Back