• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX from Lambo Newport meet

Quickie's pink line is what this is ALL about when it comes to why some are displeased and not buying, and it's the simplest way to represent the problem. A murdered-out NSX does not solve this issue since it still has a faux mesh grill right there providing a much taller pink line. And in the end, no one cares what the ACTUAL geometry is even if it is right, not consumers, not the Greeks and Romans, etc, it has to appear right. The young(er) 2.0 design team perhaps were just not yet capable of bringing the fascia to the point of being refined to the level that a $200,000 car should have.

Exactly, vf2ss.
Appearance is what most buyers look at first.
The NSX's 'pink line' is almost 30% greater than that of the Huracan. I/M/O: The car would look hotter if it were more comparable.
And, as far as this statement goes: "Never heard of any one complain about R8 front." .... I complain about about that also; the R8's front is too chunky.
:smile:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 9.16.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 9.16.29 PM.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 230
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 9.18.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 9.18.04 PM.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Whatever nomenclature you want to apply to the "pink" line (in the photo).... That line is too lengthy on the new NSX. (IMO)

EXACTLY, and it is even worse because the NSX doesn't have a hollow section ( the front grille creates a perceived wall, not the look of a duct ) like the Lamborghini which adds the exotic look and creates the illusion of a thinner leading edge. Like the Camaro, and most of ordinary cars, the new NSX front shows a large continuous vertical surface.

That's the front view's optical illusion. Basically, you and many people are telling Honda to make extremely long front bumpers for the new NSX to "fit in with the crowd."

huracan-3-1600-optim.jpg

You don't get it, and as usual you are using false adjectives to win your point ( extremely long !?! Wow! A bit longer, yes ... ). It is not about the length but about the thickness ( btw can I meet your wife ... Oh, well, I suppose, by the amount of time you spend behind your computer that no woman would stay with you ... ) :smile:

The long nose for the Huracan is disproportionate. For me, what makes the Huracan attractive is the V10 and low roofline. Not the front end's extended nose and no ass. If Lambo put a turbo V6 or 4 cylinder in the Huracan, most people would find it unappealing too...

Lamborghini came here with a very nice design. Disproportionate? So is the Mc Laren F1 too? To be honest, I am not a big fan of the "no ass" approach and I like very much the proportions of the first generation NSX. Also the Diablo ...

IMG_1740_zpshcs0glxy.jpg

IMG_1739_zpsxw6ckxul.jpg

looks plenty low already...

LOL. Almost no drop from windshield to front leading edge! The hood is virtually at the same height as the wheel fenders! Nothing exotic there ... You should invest in glasses and brain reeducation ... LOL!

Yup ... About as low as a 2017 Camaro!:rolleyes:

Mega LOL! Exactly, Quicky, excellent comparison! Only Nspec can't see it ... LOL

Someone insert that Camaro into the above ^ pic and please be serious :rolleyes:

Tera LOL! Nspec, you remind me this joke:

A wife hears on the radio that a man is driving on the wrong side of the road,and weaving so he doesn't hit any drivers, worried about her husband she calls on him on their cell. "Honey! Oh I heard on the radio that a man is driving on the left side of the road and is weaving so he doesn't hit cars. Be careful!" "Oh it's not just one car! There's about a hundred passing me on the wrong side!"

Fit in the crowd with current trends. The geometry is there, but people are confused by the controversial front bumper. The NSX is virtually the same size as the current McLaren and Ferrari. As pictured. The difference in detail is that the Italians have long front bumpers that give the illusion of a super small/low hoodline. I think it's a compromise that makes the front end look too heavy and long. The antithesis of a mid engine car.

People try to make silly comparisons of the new NSX to the Camaro or R8, but those cars have a much larger geometry.

Again, as said by NSXSupra and other owners. Haters are going to hate for whatever reason. I don't have to type long extended paragraphs to try and explain why I don't like a design. I move on and go somewhere that has something I like instead of crying endlessly like Effer with pipe dreams of a 200 hp/Liter Honda in a Italian influenced shell for ~$100K.

Thanks a lot Nspec for giving me such a good time!

When the wise man points to the stars, the fool sees only the finger.

Stop bringing the length argument, you don't get it ...

Exactly, vf2ss.
Appearance is what most buyers look at first.
The NSX's 'pink line' is almost 30% greater than that of the Huracan. I/M/O: The car would look hotter if it were more comparable.
And, as far as this statement goes: "Never heard of any one complain about R8 front." .... I complain about about that also; the R8's front is too chunky.
:smile:

Absolutely. By doing it Honda could lower the hood and thus create a more racy look.

If you want to continue to beat the dead horse. Fender height. Hood height. Bumper height. Real comparison pics:
ComparaNSX.jpg
Comparo2.jpg

Again, please tell me, when you have the Huracan park right next to the NSX 2.0. Tell me the wide differences you see. I don't have to type up a story to explain. Pics speak for themselves.

And dear fellow NSX 2.0 owners. Please go take pics of your car parked next to the newest Camaro and R8 - atleast 25 feet away front view and side view, so we can put this silliness to rest.

Camaro height - 53 inches
R8 height - 48.8 inches
NSX 2.0 height - 47.8 inches

Last edited:
Huracan - 45.9 inches
:cool:

OMG. Don't waste your time with him ...

He will never change his false point of view and will stubbornly modify reality to match his ridiculous conclusions; you can see that he his using magnified images of the Huracán to make it appear with a higher front hood. The Lamborghini is lower than the NSX and there is nothing to dispute about it.

The red lines he is using are, again and again, missing the point, and misleading us in an intellectually dishonest way. Nspec is a compulsive troll endlessly seeking to have the last word ( maybe an eternal teenage trying to build self-esteem by contradicting authority ... ).

In the first picture Troll presented

The second red line (from top ) is too high for the Lamborghini and should be at the level of the third one just below! Proving our point. It is incredibly silly ( and false ) to believe that this is where the Lamborghini hood line finishes. It ends at the front leading edge which is lower and a couple of inches away ...

Everything becomes obvious when you consider the slope ( in the longitudinal axis of the cars ) of the second ( from top ) red line vs the third one.

For the NSX it is almost vertical ( very steep downwards ) while for the Huracán it is very mild ( following the overall hood gentle slope ). QED

Don't forget that Mr. Stubb used magnified Huracán pictures to reduce the front differences between cars ...

Last edited:
Lame lame lame ... N spek you are ...

Brightness was enhanced. Nothing else in pics.

Liar ...

There is almost 2 inches of height difference between the Huracán and NSX!

With your "non modified" ( cough ) pictures, the Lamborghini looks definately higher than the NSX ...

Last edited:
Extreme close up!!! Can you photoshop the spoiled millennial with the baby face out of the shot. :biggrin:

How bout this picture? It comes with no silly string or nostril hairs.
IMG_0280.JPG

How bout this picture? It comes with no silly string or nostril hairs.
View attachment 144969

Nope. Roofs were matched ... The Lamborghini is higher than it is supposed to be and maybe bigger than real. I saw that picture and I choose the one I posted because you see the real proportions of both cars one next to the other ...

I hope you were joking right? You know nothing about how they proceed to make that split picture. Since the Huracán is virtually 2 inches lower than the NSX, that picture can't help much if roofs are matched ...

Let's do it right and show rigorous methods and thinking ... Don't cut corners like Npecs ...

Last edited:
Nope. Roofs were matched ... The Lamborghini is higher than it is supposed to be and maybe bigger than real. I saw that picture and I choose the one I posted because you see the real proportions of both cars one next to the other ...

I hope you were joking right? You know nothing about how they proceed to make that split picture. Since the Huracán is virtually 2 inches lower than the NSX, that picture can't help much if roofs are matched ...

Let's do it right and show rigorous methods and thinking ... Don't cut corners like Npecs ...

Of course I am joking! Lol.

LoL you have a pic of the NSX lined up, park right next to the Huracan and you still think I'm playing photochop magic??? I don't really care enough for either your opinions to try any harder to convey the reality of the geometry. I've already said the Lambo has a lower roofline, but the mandated fender line and hood line (for safety reasons) are comparable as pictured:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-years/page3?p=1940992&viewfull=1#post1940992

Last edited:
Of course I am joking! Lol.

Lol! That's what I thought!

LoL you have a pic of the NSX lined up, park right next to the Huracan and you still think I'm playing photochop magic???

Re LOL! First, you're eluding about the first image where you pasted an image of the Lamborghini next to the NSX, ( LOL LOL LOL! ) but let's play your game, so the picture you are talking about is a real picture where you did not changed the Lamborghini proportions? Can you post the original unaltered picture please?

Npecs, you simply have no credibility because you proved that you are willing to do anything to win your point ...

I don't really care enough for either your opinions to try any harder to convey the reality of the geometry. I've already said the Lambo has a lower roofline, but the mandated fender line and hood line (for safety reasons) are comparable as pictured:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-years/page3?p=1940992&viewfull=1#post1940992

What a fantastic word to help you win your arguments: GEOMETRY! What can we say? It is THE definitive word.
The reality is that this Lamborghini is about two inches lower and it seems not to be the case with your pictures? Dare to explain? Oh yeah, I forgot, GEOMETRY ...

How can Ferrari and Lamborghini can propose such nice and exotic looking front end designs and still comply with regulations?

We answered these questions in this thread but you still relentlessly and poorly bring the GEOMETRY argument ... You almost never dare to really answer our questions or bring serious arguments ... Not to mention your propensity to alter facts, pictures, etc.

Simply looking at your NSX picture in your avatar shows that you clearly understand the negative impact of putting such a front grille in the actual NSX front design. In your picture there is none ...

Did you vote for Trump? Contradictions, lies and phantasmagory seem to be your cup of tea ... Is it the case?

IMG_0281.JPG
Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Nice! :smile:

Okay, I suggest that N Spec uses his photoshop skills in an interesting way. Or somebody else.

Translate down the front grille of NSX to lower the hood and create a racy look like this:

Nio EP9 1 face.jpg

and another one removing the front grilles and to let only deep front air inlets ...

Looks very at home actually with the more streamlined | minimalist | "Not So Busy" look. The inverted flying buttresses fit better IMO. The biggest issue would be that the headlight height regulation would never allow the lights to be that low...

Back