• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX front X-brace

After installing nsx-r lower reinforcement I noticed it rubbed on my sway bar, I thought there might be another way to reinforce the front chassis.

As my diy project for the weekend I fabricate this xbrace, it’s tight fit, it bolts to the top and bottom frame. I think in this X configuration it makes it more rigid.

a9dcdc7b3266e81415ccd79d3d63ba5b.jpg
5afaa622df4480b3e9e5df2531ae3ba0.jpg
8ad4b83e60ceebade5cd09b11f8f1242.jpg
ea826da74689f81a6f2f2f462219456f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
What a cool solution! Have you considered welding the two beams together in the middle? Might make it more rigid...

What a cool solution! Have you considered welding the two beams together in the middle? Might make it more rigid...

Yes, I thought about welding it together but it would be hard to install. There was not much space to adjust the fitment. I think mounting it to those frame towers should make it more rigid at list in theory, I don't know how much this will be noticeable when driving.
I have not drive it yet but when I was jacking up the car on front corner frame the other side lifted off my jack stand right away, it feels the car is more solid, hoping to take it for a ride this weekend.

Well done. You were not kidding that it is a tight fit.
I know you haven't driven the car yet. Hopefully you can feel your hard work pay off.

Side note: It's interesting that you move the windshield washer fluid. Trying to bring the weight closer to the center or was it simply because the custom radiator shield covered the cap?

Yes, I thought about welding it together but it would be hard to install. There was not much space to adjust the fitment. I think mounting it to those frame towers should make it more rigid at list in theory, I don't know how much this will be noticeable when driving.
I have not drive it yet but when I was jacking up the car on front corner frame the other side lifted off my jack stand right away, it feels the car is more solid, hoping to take it for a ride this weekend.

So amazing. If you ever plan to make more, I would be interested in purchasing one!

I noticed every bar I put in. I have a targa though.
The harness system from tydave added tons of rigidity.
A good test is just driving slowly over uneven surfaces, like entering a driveway or strip mall to notice flex.
This looks great.

What width Aluminum bar is that?
How did you weld it?
Reuse bolts that were there?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back