• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX goes into the river in the UK

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Tony Montoya
Most accidents happen because of speeding.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not completely agree with that remark.
'Speeding' in my book is defined as 'driving at a higher speed than the posted speed-limit'.
Many accidents happen because people are driving faster than is safe and/or prudent considering the circumstances but that does not mean they are always driving above the posted speed-limit.
So while they may be driving too fast it doesn't mean they are speeding.

nsxtasy said:
No. I believe most (of the few) non-Zanardi coupes made in 1997 and after have black roofs. The Zanardi is the exception. But I believe a coupe with body-colored roof could be special-ordered. Except for a black NSX, of course. ;)

How many coupes are made after 97 (maybe 95 would be more appropriate)??? If the total excluding the Zanardi's are less than 50 then most are made with matching tops... :p

Zuerst said:
How many coupes are made after 97 (maybe 95 would be more appropriate)??? If the total excluding the Zanardi's are less than 50 then most are made with matching tops... :p

I think you need to re-read my statement. It says that most non-Zanardi coupes have black roofs. The veracity of this statement would not be affected by whether or not there are more, or fewer, non-Zanardi coupes than Zanardi coupes.

nsxtasy said:
It's not a Targa, because only Porsche has Targas. However, it's probably an NSX-T because Spa Yellow wasn't produced until 1997, by which time most NSXs built were NSX-T rather than fixed-roof coupes.Really? I would not have guessed that.

Originally posted by j14nsx
I was going to add how do you know it's a Targa. Targas are options here, and cost more than coupes. As we don't have any sun, the T-top is not a popular option. We have always had the coupe available.

I live near Atlanta, and was in Telford UK a few months ago visiting one of my plants ( Ricoh Electronics). While there, I am always set back by the most narrow built roads in the world IMO. They do not make them for 2 cars to pass side by side.

The turns and curves are so awsome, but most are blind corners, and for some reason, folks on bikes like to ride in the middle of the street.

If I had my NSX there, I would love to take the corners they have, better then driving through the smokey mtns.

Gas prices are also very scary in the UK. I like the $1.90 p/gl we pay here in Atlanta.

Tommy

OMG! Bedford!!!! Thats where I grew up 20 years ago. All boys boarding school from age 8-15 .... sucked :( but still, brings back memories!

nicholas421 said:
actually, all accidents happen because things are in the way.

And keep standing right in front of you, no matter how many times you turn the steering wheel from full left to full right... the trees keep following ...

Back