• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX GT Xtreme Makover or sell ?

Hi guys.
Most of you know my car.

Anyways to cut a long story short I've hit a cross road with my car I dont know what to do. Well really if i found a 97> 6sp NSX T in red/yellow I'd buy it in a heartbeat thing is there are only 23 T top in OZ and even less in red/yellow. and I think the car in its current form has reached the peak.

My options are:
- Keep as it is and only do small mods and enjoy it.
- Do 02 conversion with Sorcery front. as there is a set bonnet NSXR style and 02 for sale in japan. but i never liked 02' in red and widebody especially with the sorcery front.
- go crazy with the car engine/performance wise ITB or turbo or sc thing is i'm worried in 08' new NSX will be out.
- sell it and buy a completely different model like a 996tt later in the year when the 997TT comes out. Mind you the 996tt doesnt depreciate as much as it does in the US. Cheapest you can find them is $US130K for an 01' . Brand new they're $US$250K.

I dont know guys. My car is starting to make a name in the car scene locally and overseas. I never wanted to sell but I always have the mod bug and I can't see me modding the car anymore. and I could sell the car for over US$75K currently as is.

Your opinion is appreciated and as usual valued.

Nico

My car is a 92 with 70K miles.

I think the only reason to get a 97 for you would be if you wanted a t-top.

If I were you, I would throw a 6-speed in your car and add the CTSC and see how you like that.

Your car looks fantastic. It would be a shame to sell it.

The looks of your car is as good as I have seen. Why not upgrade the performance to rival its looks. Then the car would be in balance; possessing the rare combination of world class looks and performance.

Just my opinion but then I love to build cars.

Bob

I just read the post of the guy here that dropped like $60,000 into modding his car, and with less than 1400 miles is trying to sell it. Albiet cool, NOT a wise investment. I say if you are going to mod. it, do so and enjoy it but don't get stupid. Your car looks good to me as is.

I second the opinion to do performance modifications!!!

I love your car...

Whatever you do, don't go Sorcery...

I must add that I want a 996tt myself, but they are quite common... Unless you want to go nuts with the mods on that too :) But... Maybe keep this car until the "new NSX" is revealed and the 997tt has dropped in price? I would go this way :) My plan is to keep this car until I can afford new NSX or 997tt... :)

Last edited:
I would keep it and start modding the engine!!! I think even if you got a new NSX it'll never be the same as this one. It's time to go FI and make it a fully built race car.!!!

You should consider the 3.8L stroker motor by Jon Martin or if you have tons of cash do a custom turbo set up like the lemans nsx gt. Good luck

Back