• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx gt3

I could be wrong but I think chrisn was saying it's dumb to announce and show the GT3 without yet revealing stats on the standard NSX and having it already available.

I read that as the unveil for the GT3 this early might be killing the buzz for the standard NSX, and especially for those buying it. If that's what he meant I agree with him. I would hate to buy a $200k brand new car, only to know a better version exists. It's poor marketing.

You mean just like the NEW Ford GT buzz was killed when it recently ran Daytona?
Marketing 101

^ The new Ford GT is so beautiful...nothing could kill it :cool: (I know that's not true...but it has such nice lines!)
gt-lemans-003.jpg

Last edited:
Whoops, I missed that part.
So the chassis and driveline (excluding the hybrid part) are to use stock components per the GT3 class rules?
Looks like some outer body parts can be modified and the interior can be stripped.
Without the hybrid parts and interior trim, seats, A/C and so on, it should be quite light.
What do you think it might weigh as a race car?

It seems FIA GT3 cars are about 1200 to 1300 kg, with a regulation imposed limit of 2.6 hp per kg.
That's 2640 to 2860 lbs, with 5.72 lbs per hp.
Assuming the V6 engine in the race car produces 500 hp, that would put the NSX GT3 at exactly 2860 lbs.
If Honda can get the car down to 2640 lbs, they would have to reduce the engine output to 461 hp, which would give them some nice overhead and the possibility to tune the turbos for some added low-end response.

There are already 1200 orders for the new NSX for the first year. It's not going to hurt sales, unless Acura decides not get those cars out in an orderly manner...

- - - Updated - - -

You mean just like the NEW Ford GT buzz was killed when it recently ran Daytona?
Marketing 101

Right? Let's hope they get it right soon.

There are already 1200 orders for the new NSX for the first year.

I'm curious where this info originates.
Is this from Acura, websites, hearsay?
Are these expressions of interest, wait lists, interest with deposits, confirmed orders with dealers waiting for allocation of unsold cars from Acura??

I have thick skin and don't mind being flamed. I was reacting immediately after the first post in thread which just had a photo. The subsequent press release and news stories are very clear.

But, in my defense, what idiot would think that this is a street legal car:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 7.39.27 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 7.39.27 PM.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 221
Back