• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Interior

I hope to buy a new car very soon and am in love with the NSX, EXCEPT the Honda Accord like interior dash! Is there any way to make this $90,000 car have an interior that looks that nice? Every other car in that range does. I must admit that since I will be seeing the inside of the car more than the outside, it partially pushes me toward the porsche and 360 spyder. The NSX is just so awesome from the outside and its construction is better than evey other car I have examined. Any advice on how to improve the inside??

------------------

I disagree about the Porsche interior. They are exceptionally cheap interiors with lots of plastic.

The NSX interior is covered in vinyl on the dash and other places. This is not to be cheap but to make th interior last longer.

If you want to richen the interior, you could have it all covered in leather.

I think they did a nice job in designing the NSX interior. For example, you would have a very tough time trying to figure out which parts are leather and which parts are vinyl that look like leather, unless you look in the FAQ. Some of the vinyl parts even look like they are stitched like real leather.

They also designed it very well from an ergonomic standpoint. All the controls in just the right place, where you would expect them, with great feel to them. And no hieroglyphic labels, unlike those European competitors.

Of course, if you want controls that are difficult to figure out and labels that are incomprehensible, you could always buy a Ferrari or Porsche. I guess that's what they mean by "character" (along with higher maintenance costs, etc).

Originally posted by NSX04Hopeful:
Any advice on how to improve the inside??
Jeez, I think it is darn near perfect. But, I guess that is my subjective opinion. I would like an inch more headroom, and an inch or so more width in the foot-well though.

I guess I like the more "luxury" look of say the Mercedes SL55 Dash with the GPS screen. Do you know if a GPS screen can be added to the dash of the NSX??

Originally posted by KGP:
Jeez, I think it is darn near perfect. But, I guess that is my subjective opinion. I would like an inch more headroom, and an inch or so more width in the foot-well though.

------------------

Ok, maybe truely ergonomical cupholders and fully adjustable seats, otherwise you're nutz, ever sat/drove one of these other "interiorly advanced" autos say on a 500mi road trip
rolleyes.gif
b/c I have in both the NSX and a Porsche. Furthermore, the Porsche interior LOOKS as cheap as it really IS and that miscalculated armrest that finally came out in....oh wasn't until 1999 was it, you were joking right?
Seriously though...if you're looking for comfort in the 360. I did this for an armrest in my old Sentra. Fill up old Jansport backpack with books and Trapperkeeper XL2000
wink.gif
, place between seats with back straps underneith backpack. Throw it in cruise, whick BTW is standard equipment on the NSX.
I dont mean to harp on the armrest thing, but its merely one of many examples one could use to contest between these cars. Plus to me it ties AC for being the most important creature comfort interior funtion.
But really seriously I would suggest you also check out the Z8.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
... you would have a very tough time trying to figure out which parts are leather and which parts are vinyl that look like leather

I had that very problem last weekend during my first interior cleaning. But, I found this. This place is just stuffed with good info. Here's for the info:
dollar.gif

Every other car in that range does. I must admit that since I will be seeing the inside of the car more than the outside, it partially pushes me toward the porsche
[/B]

I must weigh in on the current Porsche interior - it is a monstrosity, and would turn me off to buying a Porsche more so than the good-but-very-old-looking NSX interior. Porsche's center console is as ugly and cheap looking as any in the industry, and would be an embarassment in a Taurus. It is regularly slammed by the magazines and I believe quite a universal pariah.

Supposedly a replacement is in the works, borrowing from the Cayenne (speaking of monstrosities..). The Cayenne actually has a pretty nice interior. Remember how the original 944 had the horrid cheap interior, and a few years later they updated it quite nicely.

OK, OK, I just test drove the 03 and the dash looked really nice!! I had not seen one in a few years and posted my topic in slight error.:0

I do however think it is rediculous that there is still a tape deck there. Does anyone still use tapes??!!

Originally posted by 92NSX:
I too love the dash in the car !!

------------------

Then, the one I saw a few years ago must not have been original. I mean the center console when I am referring to the dash.

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
slight error ? the dash havent change since 91..

------------------

I agree with the tape player though, I haven't used on since the early 90's.

Roadrunner said:
I'll have to go buy an Accord now if they have upped it's interior to the NSX's high quality!

Several of the reviews of the new Accord have mentioned that the seats are terrific and the best in the business, and I think a couple of those articles have even mentioned that it reminds them of the NSX seat.

Roadrunner said:
The NSX has the best seat I've ever sat in!! JMHO

I agree. Amazing, considering that it only has two adjustments and so many other seats have more, isn't it?

When I first heard the interior of the NSX was not completely leather I was appalled that Honda/Acura would skimp and charge a premium for these cars. However, after looking and sitting in the car and now owning one it is apparent that the finish on the dash is quite superior to many other premium cars. It has the look and feel of leather and is not plastic looking at all. Anyone can go through the expense of changing interior parts, but in the long run it my not be worth it.
Personally, I think they could have done a better job of color matching/tinting the leather on '02/03 Blue. Some people love it - others hate it. Everyone has an opinion. At one point in time I was going to change the seats, rear panel and other misc. interior parts. Then decided against it. Enjoy

FinallyNSXing said:
I hope to buy a new car very soon and am in love with the NSX, EXCEPT the Honda Accord like interior dash!... I must admit that since I will be seeing the inside of the car more than the outside, it partially pushes me toward the porsche and 360 spyder...
------------------

Did everyone else miss this little bit of information. The NSX and 360 Spyder are two totally different cars.

If you are considering a 360 Spyder why are you even contemplating owning an NSX? If you are going to be happier overall with the Ferrari, why not just buy it. I think there are some other issues here. Care to share?

Oh yeah. I hapen to agree with the others here. The NSX interior has held it's own over the past 12 years and is ergonomically perfect.

:rolleyes:

Back