• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX -Lambo doors?

Here a picture of my friend NSX. His car is currently going through a transformation. Kenny owns a body shop in San Diego (Kenny Auto) and he customize the Lambo doors on his NSX.

fc795b4b.jpg

[This message has been edited by ron_nsx (edited 20 March 2003).]

[This message has been edited by ron_nsx (edited 21 March 2003).]

He is putting everything together still, eventually he is going to paint his car. As for the doors it looks very stable you pull down the door then pull it in so it shut very good like a stock nsx. Here is his shop number 619-283-8889.

Ron...

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
oh excellent!

howmuch would that cost?
hows air tidness
etc??

Very interesting!! I like LAMBO doors!!
smile.gif

Btw theres something like bondo on the windshield.. is it a pre targa chop job car?

Originally posted by ron_nsx:
He is putting everything together still, eventually he is going to paint his car. As for the doors it looks very stable you pull down the door then pull it in so it shut very good like a stock nsx. Here is his shop number 619-283-8889.

Ron...

hey ron keep us posted with this one.....
i like lambo doors......i might just ship my car out there to get it done if evrything goes well with that nsx....

finally someone with the nerve to try this... we've talked about an NSX with Lambo doors before. Hope he does a good job (high quality) and is he doing anything to improve the structural integrity of the car (make it safe after such a dramatic mod) ???

His car is a 98-T, I don't think it's bondo it's probaly some dust. I will post up more pictures when the car is completed.

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
Btw theres something like bondo on the windshield.. is it a pre targa chop job car?

Nice, any clue how much this is gonna cost him?

Also, *The big question*: Is it fully reversable so you can go back to stock?

FINALLY! I am a huge fans of Lambo doors and I have been hoping in something similar for years...
biggrin.gif

If he comes up with a kit that has no compromises (leaks, security, OEM look, ...) at an acceptable price... I am sorry for the no-mod people but this would be in my list!!!

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
If he comes up with a kit that has no compromises (leaks, security, OEM look, ...) at an acceptable price... I am sorry for the no-mod people but this would be in my list!!!

Me too !
biggrin.gif

Please, send more pics !

RON:
Do you have anymore pics? Inside of the door jambs, etc?

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
finally someone with the nerve to try this... we've talked about an NSX with Lambo doors before. Hope he does a good job (high quality) and is he doing anything to improve the structural integrity of the car (make it safe after such a dramatic mod) ???
high quality, of course. would'nt he want the best for his car.. as for the structural integrity of the car,nothing will change except the fact that the doors will now go upward like lambo. i will keep you and every body posted.

Originally posted by Syonara:

this conversion will run roughly around 4,500.00 to 5,000.00. labor and the whole nine yards included. yes, it's reversable. just bolt the stock hinges back on, and every thing is back to normal.

Will post more pictures soon.. inside door jambs are stock. hinges and fender modified.
door and door latch remains completely stock.

What exactly are you doing to the fenders (Cutting/Moving??) Will they be permanantly modified? If you decide to go back to stock, will they look different/or not fit the same way?

Thanks.

What exactly are you doing to the fenders (Cutting/Moving??) Will they be permanantly modified? If you decide to go back to stock, will they look different/or not fit the same way?

Thanks.

the fenders will have to be cut from the inside about three inches to fit the gas strut that pushes the doors up. kenny is gonna re-fiberglass the inside of the fender
to give it more structure.

this conversion will run roughly around 4,500.00 to 5,000.00. labor and the whole nine yards included. yes, it's reversable. just bolt the stock hinges back on, and every thing is back to normal.

WOW !!!!!

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

ron, i can't wait till my car is finish dogg. but the picture looks good though. thanks for all your help. you know if you ever need help hooking up your car, i'll be there dogg. you got my number, don't hesitate to ask alright bro. thanks..
alot of people been calling me this past week. it's been kinda crazy..

Hey! Kenny nice to see you up here buddy! your lambo door looks great. Keep us update will you !
-Aaron
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nzo-who (edited 24 March 2003).]

Back