• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX LED Taillight conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take a set if you could make them have a "round" design when they're lighted up/turned on. I'm don't like the rectangular line look at all. :)

For now I am making a rectangular version. Once I have a couple of these made I might make an alternative circular version, I'll keep you posted.
I would take a set if you could make them have a "round" design when they're lighted up/turned on. I'm don't like the rectangular line look at all. :)

If I got a set for my NSX would you throw in a set for my Tacoma. (if fits a 97 that is) :biggrin::biggrin:

Waiting to see product as well.

Yah, I could definitely make a set for your Tacoma too.

My LED setup for the Tacoma fits Tacomas 95-04, but there is a little more we would need to discuss being that the 95-99 style taillights are a little different from the 01-04 style..

Thanks for the interest in both my current productions.
If I got a set for my NSX would you throw in a set for my Tacoma. (if fits a 97 that is) :biggrin::biggrin:

Waiting to see product as well.

Last edited:
Everyone, I'm having my prototype taillight set shipped to me Monday. I expect to receive it near the end of the week. I can then start on the LED fitment the week after.

I just want to say, as long as your dream is on pure intent, cheer up, and keep going. Also I like how ORIGINAL OE NSX Taillight has 6 small squares (U know what I'm talking about? exact same size 6 squares, 3 on left, 3 on right) A LOT!!! Whenever I saw those squares, I thought they were even sexier than ANY LED lights, because they look so pure, JDM factory like. Now, if you could still keep that design with the brightness high end LED technology... That'd be one of a kind!!! :smile::smile::smile:

Thanks for bringing this up, I am up for designing different versions for everyone. I can be very flexible with my design. Along with making different designs comes more time I need. If you are willing to wait a little longer, I am willing to make your set.

For now I am making my original design, that will serve as my base model, if I find some time, or if there is a high demand for another style, I can design other styles.

Thanks for the idea.
I just want to say, as long as your dream is on pure intent, cheer up, and keep going. Also I like how ORIGINAL OE NSX Taillight has 6 small squares (U know what I'm talking about? exact same size 6 squares, 3 on left, 3 on right) A LOT!!! Whenever I saw those squares, I thought they were even sexier than ANY LED lights, because they look so pure, JDM factory like. Now, if you could still keep that design with the brightness high end LED technology... That'd be one of a kind!!! :smile::smile::smile:

You are very welcome, apkarian100. And yes, all I have is the time!!! :biggrin: However, that also means that I only want the best *quality* for my NSX!!! :smile: With your time and effort, I'm already excited about what to come in future, so good lcuk!!!

-Q.

Thanks man, glad to be of service to you and NSX community.
You are very welcome, apkarian100. And yes, all I have is the time!!! :biggrin: However, that also means that I only want the best *quality* for my NSX!!! :smile: With your time and effort, I'm already excited about what to come in future, so good lcuk!!!

-Q.

Just wanted to let people know that I shipped my taillights to Chris to work on.. I've been talking to him for over a week now and we have kicked around a number of different ideas and parts.

I've been very happy with the interaction thus far and he seems to have attention to detail and knows what he's talking about, which is always a bonus :)

The fact that he has a formal engineering backround, imo, goes a long way.

The fact that he's working on this stuff over Christmas shows you that he trully is a car nut :)

Looking forward to getting them back.. and I'll share the experience.

-Paul
PS: These things cost me nearly $100 to ship via slow ass UPS!!! :eek:
...but I guess the size requirements and that Seattle & NH are about as far as away in the US as you can be.. and Christmas jack you fee $$$$.. may explain it.

PSS: For those looking into weight reduction, they weight about 12 lbs :) Kind of a lot if you ask me...

Last edited:
Re: I need to test about my prototype LED taillights, anyone want to help?

I live in CT near Hartford but I own some land in Canaan NH
Right now my NSX is almost ready for winter storage considering the snow storm that is coming today.
You can email me at home: [email protected]
See what we can work out for trial and fitting, I'm off work for the next two weeks so maybe we can work something out.
Steve Graushinsky

I just sent you an email.

Thank You
I live in CT near Hartford but I own some land in Canaan NH
Right now my NSX is almost ready for winter storage considering the snow storm that is coming today.
You can email me at home: [email protected]
See what we can work out for trial and fitting, I'm off work for the next two weeks so maybe we can work something out.
Steve Graushinsky

...looking forward to seeing the 1st unit!!!

I'll take a set of '02-up!

PS: These things cost me nearly $100 to ship via slow ass UPS!!! :eek:
...but I guess the size requirements and that Seattle & NH are about as far as away in the US as you can be.. and Christmas jack you fee $$$$.. may explain it.

PSS: For those looking into weight reduction, they weight about 12 lbs :) Kind of a lot if you ask me...

Hi

I sent a total of 4 taillights to Chris and the cost was $114. I am looking forward to getting mine back. I am sure it will look good.

Regards

So I opened up the center section on the lights today. I also removed the "acura' logo to clean up the look. It went pretty smooth, no additional cracks or scratches:

DSC02090.jpg

DSC02091.jpg

...and now the hard part begins:biggrin:

Am I not close enough to you?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back