• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX makes it on Modern Marvels - Metals Episode, Aluminum sub section

Anyone catch this episode last night on the history channel?
Modern Marvels Metal 60 mins. The history of metal from the Bronze Age to the present is examined. Included: experimentation to create lighter and stronger metals.
They were going on about how aluminum saves weight in automobile manufacturing, yada yada, and I said to myself "ok, so show the NSX as a prime example". Bingo! About 10 seconds of an NSX coupe shown. Very cool!! :D

I saw that episode yesterday too! Nice to see they used the right car when discussing the use of aluminum to reduce weight in automobile construction.

This episode was on again last night, and I had about the same reaction -- the "expert" was talking about the performance advantages of a lightweight metal like aluminum, and I reflexively started babbling about my NSX. Then Bang! There it is! Red coupe, black top -- exactly the same as my car.

I've got it saved on my TiVo -- if anyone knows how to covert the file to an everyone-viewable format, let me know.

If anyone has Dish Network, could you tell me when it's on again this week because my 8 day guide isn't working because of a recent sw upgrade that won't be fixed for another week. So if you can tell me the time (PST), date and channel #, I can still program a timer to record it.

thx...

Way cool. Too bad more mfrs haven't gone the route of using more aluminum.

As things stand, it's only the A8 and NSX right now, right? I want to score an A8L just to drive my insurers crazy. You crash either of these cars and it's TOTALLED. The repairs are so expensive that only a few highline shops can mess with them.

THANK YOU FLAMINIO!!! :D

I love Modern Marvels. They have some great topics; way more interesting and educational than a lot of the reality-tv that's pumped out these days.

NeoNSX said:
THANK YOU FLAMINIO!!! :D

I love Modern Marvels. They have some great topics; way more interesting and educational than a lot of the reality-tv that's pumped out these days.

What do you have for reality-TV over there?? Steve the crocodile hunter?? :biggrin:

Don't forgot about the Audi A2 and the Jag XK8. I think there might be others but I only can remeber the above.

ryans said:
Sweet clip. thanks!

Also the EVO's roof is aluminum. One best motoring they show how it is riveted onto the car. Aluminum and steel can't be welded together so well.

Not exactly true. The aluminum roofs only come on the MR and RS models. In addition the front clip is aluminum on all evo's.

Hi

Great clip nice to see it again.

Where did I read that the NSX was the best civil use of aluminium? I have probably seen it here on Prime, but I can not find it now.

Regards

Back